Download: [HK020] - IPB3.x - Online users and Group Legend

RobertMidd

File Name: [HK020] - IPB3.x - Online users and Group Legend
File Submitter: RobertMidd
File Submitted: 16 Aug 2009
File Updated: 25 Jul 2011
File Category: Hooks and Plugins

The current online users only shows those users that have logged onto your board and have a valid session. Once the session has expired or they logoff then the member will no longer be displayed in the list.

This hook adds a list of users that have been online in the past x hours and you can also add an optional group legend.

The hook is highly configurable using settings in the ACP.

See the screenshot for the settings and the hook in action

31 OCT 2010

Changed so that a custom order can be used when displaying the group legends.

02 NOV 2010
Fixed issue with faulty span tag.

03 NOV 2010
Fixed issue causing non display of online list and language string for group legend

Click here to download this file

Not sure why as that is the purpose to show how many members have been online in the past xx hours.

You would need to edit the board index skin in the ACP and the template bit of hookGetOnline.

Remove the parts I have put in bold red.

<if test="hookGetOnline:|:count($stats['NAMES']) and $hours=sprintf($this->lang->words['hookpast_hours'],$this->settings['hookonline_hours'] )">
<div id='hookonline_users' class='stats_list'>
<h2>{$stats['MEMBERS']} {$this->lang->words['hookonline_members']} <span>$hours</span></h2>

• 2 weeks later...

My forum has many invisible groups. We have lots of hidden private forums that most member don't need to see or know about (individual team forums for leagues we run) and would not want these displayed in the legend. I do not see any way in the screenshot to control which groups are shown in the legend and which aren't. Is there a way to do that?

[quote name='SGS' date='13 October 2009 - 04:32 PM' timestamp='1255447944' post='1866080']
My forum has many invisible groups. We have lots of hidden private forums that most member don't need to see or know about (individual team forums for leagues we run) and would not want these displayed in the legend. I do not see any way in the screenshot to control which groups are shown in the legend and which aren't. Is there a way to do that?

Yes that was added but the screenshot has not been updated.

There is a new setting that has a dropdown list of groups that are to be shown.

[quote name='3DKiwi' date='16 October 2009 - 04:53 AM' timestamp='1255665197' post='1867311']
In 3.0.4 the various groups all display with the same colour i.e. the legend is the same colour. I've had to uninstall the hook as this was the main reason of installing it.

3DKiwi

I will install 3.0.4 this weekend and try to fix this issue.

[quote name='3DKiwi' date='16 October 2009 - 03:53 AM' timestamp='1255665197' post='1867311']
In 3.0.4 the various groups all display with the same colour i.e. the legend is the same colour. I've had to uninstall the hook as this was the main reason of installing it.

3DKiwi

I have just upgraded to 3.0.4 and cannot reproduce this issue.

Can you check the settings at that you have Group legend show prefix/suffix set to Yes.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Gaston Huot' date='20 December 2009 - 11:43 PM' timestamp='1261352588' post='1890411']
Hello

Is there a maximum number of hours in the setup of your hook?

(Can we set it up to 1000 hours ?)

Gaston

Set the following to any integer you want but bear in mind the higher the value then the more work the hooks has to do and the bigger the list will be displayed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Trix' date='03 June 2010 - 07:14 AM' timestamp='1275574470' post='1963680']
Is this working with 3.1?

I have 3.1 Board and I'm using this hook right now. I don't see any problems or issues so far. I'll post if any problems occur.

And I like to thank the developer for the hook, really nice feature. :)

• 4 months later...

I have the group legend turned off but see lots of mal-formed span tags

is the offender

<div id='hookonline_users' class='stats_list'>

<h2>24 online member(s) <span>(in the past 24 hours)</span></h2>

<p>

<span class='name'><span style='white-space:nowrap;'<a href='http://www.*****.net/forum/user/****/' title='08:35 AM'><span style='color:darkgreen'>****</span></a></span>, </span> 

<span style='white-space:nowrap;'

Archived