Dissapointed

.Ian

I was hoping to avoid posting here, as I am not one for saying 'eh answer my problem!', and have kept quiet whilst others have posted.

I am a new client, and whilst I appreciate I have phone support I decided to put a ticket in.

I waited for 2 days, and got no response. I have since updated the ticket, yet still not joy.

I called an hour ago, sadly despite being first in the queue, I was put through to a third party company who told me they are just there to take messages, and to call back in 30 minutes if I did not get an email, as I could not be called back as I am UK based.

I left it an hour and called back. Again I was first in the queue, and again went through to the same company. Who simply apologised saying they have emailed IPS an hour and 9 minuites ago.

Obviously it is not free to call the USA - but I would be grateful if someone could have a look at my ticket. I appreciate I have a coding ticket in and this will take a couple of weeks - but I have an urgent one where no-one can even register.

Please, please could someone help me.....

For feedback, to be honest I would rather hold for more than two minutes instead of just having the option to get an email back. Perhaps this could be an option rather than the default.

I appreciate you are busy with the new version - but at least a quick reply to show that we are not being ignored would help.

I remember seeing your phone message, there was no number to call you back but I replied to your ticket as soon as I saw the message.

If you're still having problems, PM me the ticket ID number and I'll take a look for you :)

After one minute of being on hold, the phone system will automatically transfer you to an operator who will take a message, and then we'll call you back. Most customers find this preferable, particularly if they're calling from abroad and are paying for the call. Even if you're first in the queue - we can sometimes be on the phone to one person for a very long time.

Perhaps instead of automatically sending the person to an answering service, a recording could come online every minute saying to the effect of being able to continue holding or to press 8675309 if they would prefer to be forwarded to an answering service so that they can stop being on hold on the phone but have their call returned if necessary.

• Management

We will explore the possibility of extending the hold time for those interested. We've found most prefer to leave a message with the operator. On typical days, this often works out best for everyone as many issues beyond "how do I" cannot be resolved while you wait on the telephone anyway. Unfortunately, we're experiencing an incredibly high volume of support requests as people adjust to the new releases. I'm sorry you had to wait longer than usual, but glad your issue was resolved.

Thank you for the feedback.

[quote name='yacenty' date='24 August 2009 - 06:35 AM' timestamp='1251110112' post='1848270']
I have four (4) tickets also, two of them are 3 days old, 1 is 1 day, 1 is 2day.
When Could I expect solution and my site would work in good shape?
Regards

The oldest tickets would have been submitted ~Friday, so they likely simply weren't gotten to before the weekend. Support is staffed shorter on the weekend. Your tickets should be addressed today I'd imagine.

• Management

The only tickets in support that old are ones that are for advanced support which always takes a bit longer. You should have been warned about that when the ticket was escalated. If you weren't please PM your ticket ID to me.

Archived