my board is very slow

gnm

I've purchased IPB in August 1th and I am very unhappy with it.
The board I've installed is very slow and the hosting Company even transferred me to a newer server with higher capabilities (and I paid for it as well) but the boards are still very slow.
So far I have no active users so it cannot be said that it loads the server… (Only me…)
It takes about 4-5 secondes to load every page.
I have created other sites in my life and this has never happend to me.
I also created an ASP home page and it loads up faster then you can say "whoops"...
Has anyone else encountered this issue before?

Thanks in advance

Guy

Yes.
Also tried to send an Email directly through "Contact us" but I keep getting Rejects.
The Client Area is completely not working.
The only thing that works there is the "Options" and nothing more.
The other options a simply empty...
Is it possible that I am doing something wrong?

Well. I think I may have solved the problem for now.
I changed the PHP support in my Plesk to 4.7.6 insted of 5.2.6 and now the Board works fine!!
I am going to call my hosting company in the morning a do some yelling!!...
Sorry about the spam...
Guy

In the future, you should really use the client area for this sort of issue. You are free to use the peer to peer forums if your license is active. You don't show up as an active customer presently, so you may need to log out and back in to update your group status, or you may need to login with the email associated with your client area account.

In the end, I'm glad you found a solution.

Hey Brandon.
I will try to login again.
I don't think that running php 4.7.6 is the proper solution since I want to use the latest verson which requiers php 5.x.
I am going to call my hosting company today and see what they say.
Can you recommend a specific php version that V3 will run without any problems?

I'm a bit confused then too. IPB3 does not run on PHP4. At all. So it's impossible that you are running IPB 3 on PHP4. :huh: Perhaps you got it mixed up, and your hosting company switched you from PHP4 to PHP5? Or are you still using IPB2 (which does support PHP4)?

Right now I am running 2.3.6 because every time I change it to 5.2.6 it works slow.
I talked to my hosting companiy's support today and the guy who answered me didn't seem to be want to check it...
Even when I run 2.3.6 on PHP 5.2.6 it works slow...
Just to make it clear...:
I am running 2.3.6 on PHP 4.4.7 (works ok).
I want to run V3... but can't because it is slow...

I am not aware of any support ticket that has been opened for over a week that isn't a very specialized case (mainly MSSQL tickets using the beta drivers waiting on further updates to the MSSQL driver). You should contact a member of management if you have a ticket that hasn't been worked in a week for sure.

[quote name='bfarber' date='17 August 2009 - 04:36 PM' timestamp='1250523389' post='1845076']
I am not aware of any support ticket that has been opened for over a week that isn't a very specialized case (mainly MSSQL tickets using the beta drivers waiting on further updates to the MSSQL driver). You should contact a member of management if you have a ticket that hasn't been worked in a week for sure.

Can you please forward my request since I've tried to Email all the Email addresses on the main site and got no response?
I would grately appriciate it.

• 3 months later...

Archived