Files that have not changed in 3.02?

Ditchmonkey

The following files were customized by IPB staff for my 3.01 installation:

admin/applications/forums/extensions/furlTemplates.php
public/js/ipb.js

It would be helpful to know if either of these files has changed for 3.02 so that I don't have to reapply the customizations if its not necessary.

[quote name='Μichael' date='07 August 2009 - 04:00 PM' timestamp='1249675237' post='1840115']
Both have changed, although the furlTemplates.php changed very slightly (the addition of the familiar block of code checking if IN_IPB is defined).

Yes. Those bug reports are always fun. Change 300 files just to add a mostly useless check at the beginning, throwing off the changed files list...

[quote name='louisplatt' date='15 August 2009 - 07:29 AM' timestamp='1250346597' post='1844081']
Why don't Invision release changed files in a separate download to the full IP Board download ?
[/quote]
They did release upgrade packs in the 2.x line. I'm not sure why those disappeared in 3.0 - maybe so many files have changed that it's just not practical anymore?

[quote name='Gärrett' date='15 August 2009 - 03:58 PM' timestamp='1250348283' post='1844088']
They did release upgrade packs in the 2.x line. I'm not sure why those disappeared in 3.0 - maybe so many files have changed that it's just not practical anymore?
[/quote]

Yeah. If we'd only be excluding a small number files, it doesn't seem worth it.

It's not excluding a small number of files now though is it? The upgrade documentation says to upload the 'upload' folder. That's over 2,400 files.

There were 'only' 509 changed files.. nearly 2,000 are being re-uploaded for no reason if you follow the upgrade documentation.

As of 3.03 can Invision please re-introduce making upgrade downloads with only changed files available?

Archived