Board Stats - Users online

marklcfc

In the current poor design if you run a large forum, the users online is gonna go far down the left hand side of board stats, leaving a big gap of nothing on the right under board stats. I have no idea why this got changed but I've thought that about alot of things in 3.0.

This is how it should be designed, let the users online go all the way across as they used to, it will work well for small and large forums.

dw9e0o.jpg

Or move board stats to the bottom under birthdays as it were.

Ok, in that case it would work well for forums with less than 10 members online at any time, but say you got 30 or more then its going to create a gap, it's a small thing but I just don't like it. :whistle: I'd just like more control over certain things that have been altered, but the only way I'd have that is if I knew all the ins and outs of html,php etc.

[quote name='TCWT' date='15 July 2009 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1247708018' post='1826894']
3.0 wastes a lot of empty space. This isn't the only example of it. :(

It depends on your definition of "wastes".

I think one of the goals Rikki was going for was to NOT jam pack icons and text and stuff into every square inch of your screen. Many people find that confusing (myself included). That's easily changed by a custom skin though (which could reduce padding and margin, and move elements around to condense areas a bit more).

I think the template is excellent and I have been running big boards for many years. If you read about new paradigms in web design, you will find that having more blank space is considered a good way to improve the user experience. Bfarber is right, the average user enjoys a less cluttered experience.

Archived