When version 3.0.1 will be issued?

Yousef Khaled

Some unicode symbols trigger browsers to display text as RTL. No big deal.

As for the discussion at hand, the top button serves no useful purpose at all. Not even a little. It lets you get to the top of the screen, that's it. Except there's about 10 different methods of accomplishing this, with or without a mouse button or keyboard, built into your operating system and browser already. It's clutter that serves no purpose, which we've avoided with 3.0 in an effort to streamline the user interface and make it easier for novices. Some users, when they see 15000 buttons on a row, tend to just ignore them all (guilty!). Now, you only have icons relevant to the data point (e.g. for posts, icons related to that post, of which "the top button" does not qualify).

Meh, this has been debated to death. Suffice it to say, Rikki has had no intentions of bringing it back, and I don't blame him. ;)

[quote name='bfarber' date='13 July 2009 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1247508963' post='1825596']
As for the discussion at hand, the top button serves no useful purpose at all. Not even a little. It lets you get to the top of the screen, that's it. Except there's about 10 different methods of accomplishing this, with or without a mouse button or keyboard, built into your operating system and browser already. It's clutter that serves no purpose, which we've avoided with 3.0 in an effort to streamline the user interface and make it easier for novices. Some users, when they see 15000 buttons on a row, tend to just ignore them all (guilty!). Now, you only have icons relevant to the data point (e.g. for posts, icons related to that post, of which "the top button" does not qualify).

Meh, this has been debated to death. Suffice it to say, Rikki has had no intentions of bringing it back, and I don't blame him. ;)

How about Next/Previous posts buttons? Very useful when you see a huge ass post and want to skip to the next one but don't want to spend all day scrolling the page looking for it. (w00t)

I wish someone would light a fire and release this. This is getting to be annoying to say the least. We're working with critical bugs that are fixed here but we need them fixed too. Plus members are leaving over this view new content issue. (Note just the view new posts but the entire format - topic starter - views etc). Either release 3.0.1 or tell us the code so we can put it on our boards.

[quote name='Nimdock' date='13 July 2009 - 11:52 AM' timestamp='1247503970' post='1825545']
Am I the only one who's getting the pagination of this topic backwards on topic view?

Is it because of the browser of the person who created the thread?

Whoa, that is funkarific. I have to remember that so I can use it to confuse people. :D

..Al

So, is it safe to upgrade to this version?

In another thread I was told that I was a fool for upgrading from 2.3.6 to 3.0.0 because all software has bugs in it and always will and that will never change and bugs are a fact of life.

So, is 3.0.1 the safe version to upgrade to, or should I wait for 3.0.2, or 3.0.3? Any idea when those will be out?

/sarcasm

[quote name='mick2me' date='16 July 2009 - 01:21 PM' timestamp='1247764879' post='1827220']
Upgrading 3.0.0 to 3.0.1

Do you you just upload all files of 3.0.1 over the top of 3.0.0?
Does this change any of the board settings?

Yes, upload all of files over top of the existing files. Then you need to run the upgrader via http://domain.com/forum/admin/upgrade (example, adjust to your needs).

[quote name='Chito' date='18 July 2009 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1247871787' post='1828091']
Is a 'Member Legend' included with v3 or is that an optional addon/Modification one must add if they choose to? I hope it's included because it seems like a very popular/useful feature to include.

It's a mod. You can find it here: http://www.invisionmodding.com/index.php?showtopic=35497

Thanks for the help Graeme S., but I actually meant if a Member Legend came 'included' with v3. I understand it's a Mod, I had one installed on my current v2.3.6 board. I was just wondering if v3 came with its own version of a "Member Legend" already integrated with it, so that we have a choice whether to enable it or not. I now think it doesn't because I see no mention of it in the v3 FTP file that explains its new features. Again, thanks anyway Graeme S. :thumbsup:

Archived