Beta 5

Guest Mesmer

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone installed beta 5?

I get 4 jscript errors and the css doesn't load.

If I login to the admin panel then everything is correct.

Hey Kevin, your installation is probably fine, log into ACP use your live search box within the top left of the ACP and type: minify javascript - turn the setting off and your forum will be fine, Matt is looking into this issue right now, also DON'T view the lofi skin otherwise you will be stuck viewing your board with it when logged in lol (They have not finished it yet, although you can reverse it with a quick SQL command)

Hey Kevin, your installation is probably fine, log into ACP use your live search box within the top left of the ACP and type: minify javascript - turn the setting off and your forum will be fine, Matt is looking into this issue right now, also DON'T view the lofi skin otherwise you will be stuck viewing your board with it when logged in lol (They have not finished it yet, although you can reverse it with a quick SQL command)

That little trick almost did it, but not 100% now my board looks link this ( see attachments ) :(

post-51728-124072667584_thumb.jpg

Thanks Lee, the jscript tweak works for me.

Nuke, I don't get that profile box issue. I've tried Firefox and IE8.

I have also tryed Firefox and IE8-7, i have tryed a clean install an upgrade none of it is working. I also tryed a rebuild skind, but for no good...

I have also tried Firefox and IE8-7, i have tryed a clean install an upgrade none of it is working. I also tryed a rebuild skind, but for no good...

All trial and error as I'm no coder .nuke, but have you set all your folder permissions correctly? CHMOD etc?

IE - Try Safe mode, also make sure you're using the latest version of FF (NOT BETA)

If non of the above works (you already tried safemode, have latest FF version) try completely removing the forum from your web server and re-uploading it all fresh followed by a fresh install...

All trial and error as I'm no coder .nuke, but have you set all your folder permissions correctly? CHMOD etc?

IE - Try Safe mode, also make sure you're using the latest version of FF (NOT BETA)

If non of the above works (you already tried safemode, have latest FF version) try completely removing the forum from your web server and re-uploading it all fresh followed by a fresh install...

Wee im up an running, i downloaded a new copy of IPB3B5 an clean install. Then after install i went in to admin to turn of minify javascript an now it all looks wonderful... :thumbsup:

For those having styling issues (missing CSS and javascript), the problems seem to be mostly related to the following:

1) The underlying problem in most cases seems to be that your CSS folder isn't writable for some reason (public, public/style_css/, public/style_css/css_1/, and any files in this css_1 folder). As a result the CSS didn't get written properly.

2) For some, minify is failing. Matt is currently investigating why

Temporary solution: Make sure the files/folders mentioned above are writable, login to your ACP and disable minifiy, and then under Template tools on the look and feel tab run the top tool to recache your skins.

I gave Matt my server info as he requested and he is going to check out my server, hopefully he can find the errors either with IPB or godaddy shared hosting.

edit: I guess Matt fixed the problem with mine, never let me know what it was, maybe just a permission issue as you said?

Like there was ever any doubt they'd follow IPB's lead? :P

Honestly I [i]really[/i] hate their new look, it's like they took a bunch of ideas from IPB 3, kept the classic vBulletin clutter, and took the theme from an SMF forum... :ermm:

I wouldn't say that IPB is left out. Every CMS, every blogging software, every forum software, they all steal ideas from one another. It's s fact of life. PhpBB, vBulletin, IPB, they all incorporate features of each other into their new versions. Shoot, IPB has incorporated Facebook and OpenID, features designed to integrate social networking sites together. IPS is even thinking about adding Twitter support and I feel that forum software is going to get too laden down with trying to attach itself to every networking site out there. I imagine that there will be another social networking site released next year, as well.

The thing to do would be to have a Social Networking component, and you can load into it only modules for the social networks you want your forum to integrate with. This would reduce clutter and bloat, but allow folks to socialize their boards.

Archived