Beta 5

Guest Mesmer

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What new buttons? They look the same to me...

Also, I really hope Beta 5 is released soon. Beta 4 is unusable for me, due to some odd reason. None of the CSS buttons or anything like that load up properly.

I see now what people were talking about. The post icons have changed, not the actual buttons. I must say, I do like the new icons. They look much better than they did before.

I can confirm this by using the web developer toolbar in firefox. If you remove "overflow:hidden" from ".maintitle" it stays the same size. I think Rikki used that property to keep the headers from expanding in situations where a title would go over the width though... Like a topic title. I can't seem to find a solution with it though, without setting the width to 100% (which can't be done when padding is set).

The quick fix would be to seperate the css for category headers and topic titles, but apart from that I'm not sure.

I like the new icons also.

As I look closer (and some of this has been the same for a while so I am not tlaking only about beta 5 changes) the main things bothering me are that some links are underlined on mouseover and some aren't. On the index page last post info bahaves that way, but hovering over latest news or names in the user list... they don't underline. I personally think most of those should be underlined always rather than just on mouseover anyway.

Links are really supposed to be underlined. Underlining is even not recommended for anything else as people automatically assume underlined text is a link.

Also I wish the user browsing list had been improved by now.

Hopefully the code box is a bug because it loked extremely good as it was with the line numbers. VERY VERY good.

I assume this will be released publicly later today or tomorrow at latest, but I still wish we were at RC. :)

My suggestions for the Maintitle bars:

1) On board index, remove the image icons for toggle. + and - work just as well imho
2) On board index, round the corners when collapsed, don't have a 8px border
3) Lower the font size to 16px
4) Remove the overflow: hidden from the css... It makes the gradient move when collapsed/not
5) On a forum index, the maintitle is not the same height as that of anywhere else.... Maybe because it is in <caption> ?
6) On profile view, float the rating to the right of the maintitle bar, don't put another underneath (like topic ratings)

Board Index Idea SS:

1) On board index, remove the image icons for toggle. + and - work just as well imho

4) Remove the overflow: hidden from the css... It makes the gradient move when collapsed/not

5) On a forum index, the maintitle is not the same height as that of anywhere else.... Maybe because it is in <caption> ?

6) On profile view, float the rating to the right of the maintitle bar, don't put another underneath (like topic ratings)

Board Index Idea SS:

Agree with everything.

However, regarding the ratings, at the moment it's not happy at all over there on the right as starts spazzing (technical term :D) when you hover over any of the stars (tries to squeeze in text over on the right). That needs to be changed before it can be floated on the right.

Agree with everything.

However, regarding the ratings, at the moment it's not happy at all over there on the right as starts spazzing (technical term :D ) when you hover over any of the stars (tries to squeeze in text over on the right). That needs to be changed before it can be floated on the right.

It seems to work correctly inside topics though? >_<

It seems to work correctly inside topics though? >_<

Yeah, they just removed the extra text that shows up when you mouseover each star. Problem solved if they do that! :D
To be honest, there is no need for "Great" "Awesome" etc

Also, I wish pressing Tab in the post screen would go straight to the post button rather than attachments :)

Board Index Idea SS:

Agree, but the + and - images are ok.

Did someone already mention the moved and locked topic markers? I vaguely remember reading something about it. At any rate I agree that there should be read icons for locked/moved topics, it's annoying to have an unread locked icon among a mass of read markers, especially when it's actually been read :P

It is really coming together though. I enjoyed the skin back in the beginnings of the preview website, but now it's all just coming together nicely :)

They are ironing out the obvious bugs on beta 5 before releasing it. It makes perfect sense really. Why release another beta with bugs that they can fix immediately. Otherwise they would have to deal with a massive influx of bugs rather than being able to deal with the big ones first, and then we can nitpick later :).

It will most likely be out before the weekend is up so we can find bugs over the weekend.

They are ironing out the obvious bugs on beta 5 before releasing it. It makes perfect sense really. Why release another beta with bugs that they can fix immediately. Otherwise they would have to deal with a massive influx of bugs rather than being able to deal with the big ones first, and then we can nitpick later

smile.gif

It will most likely be out before the weekend is up so we can find bugs over the weekend.

I hope they fix all JScripts Errors are fix in the inportment areas. I had issues in Beta 4 with JScript Errors.

Archived