skins for IPB 3.0

Guest liquidfractal

Sorry if this is a repeat post (which it is almost sure to be)....but I was wondering what the deal will be for skins?

My situation is this: my forums are really simple....and I happen to REALLY REALLY like the default blue colour scheme that you get up to 2.3.6. I've taken a look at 3.0 and it's definitely sweet....however, the default skin colour scheme just doesn't do it for me like the steely blue default you've used in the past.

My question, then, is: will you be including this scheme as a selectable default? And if not...PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE? :unsure:

And remember.....a good pun is its own reword.

While I'm unsure if IPS will offer the traditional default blue skin in the new upcoming IPB 3.0, I'm certain that if they do not, that someone will. It is a good possibility that I could offer this if it's not already in the works. Hopefully Rikki can shed some light on this subject for us. :)

Well there is the angle of practice, learning the new skinning system,
Then figuring out where to put the changes you want to create the effect you want,
Trying out a new look
Being able to have a complete skin for the final release (even if you do have to create the skin anew with the 3.0 final build).

Etc, etc.

Well there is the angle of practice, learning the new skinning system,

Then figuring out where to put the changes you want to create the effect you want,

Trying out a new look

Being able to have a complete skin for the final release (even if you do have to create the skin anew with the 3.0 final build).

Etc, etc.

Ah I understand now thanks. I'm sure there is gonna be more changes in which you have to relearn what you just learned? So there is no point of doing a full skin, you can learn just poking through. Then when final comes out you have to go around looking for parts of the skin that needs to be fixed. Could be a pain in the long run...

Ah I understand now thanks. I'm sure there is gonna be more changes in which you have to relearn what you just learned? So there is no point of doing a full skin, you can learn just poking through. Then when final comes out you have to go around looking for parts of the skin that needs to be fixed. Could be a pain in the long run...

IPS is not going to rewrite the IPB3 style system they just wrote. The chanced of the beta skin working on the final release is 99.98%

Learn before you comment. :thumbsup:

IPS is not going to rewrite the IPB3 style system they just wrote. The chanced of the beta skin working on the final release is 99.98%

Actually, the chance is 0% as Rikki commented somewhere that the majority of the CSS has yet to be optimized (http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...t&p=1780651). There are a couple of other places he's said it too.

:thumbsup:

(Edit: The post directly after this one in this very thread, also.)

I wouldn't suggest giving out that kind of advice. It is very likely skins made on beta releases will not be completely compatible with the final release. CSS will change and templates will change.

Thank you so much to you both! :) (that made me smile for the first time today!)

Hugs,

Sherri

Anytime. :) I've seen your other skins and they look excellent...my Forums are just too small to warrant fancy stuff right now.

Having said that, that skin looks so sweet (especially without the "IPB" icons) that, for the first time, I might be coerced into purchasing a skin.

Keep up the good work!

I did after reading a few of Rikki's post which is why I posted that.

Maybe you should learn before you comment. :thumbsup:

I am going to get a few skins designed, and wait until the final comes out to have my coder code them so I can produce more skins faster. :)

I wouldn't suggest giving out that kind of advice. It is very likely skins made on beta releases will not be completely compatible with the final release. CSS will change and templates will change.

Sorry, didn't know the beta was that faulty.

Archived