Refresh Captcha Image Button

Guest China J

Well the title pretty much says it. Be nice if there was a refresh Captcha Image Button next to the Captcha Image. I hate it when I register at an IP.Board and get the info wrong and have to redo the password stuff and etc. Just be nice to have a choice to refresh image in those times where the letter L or S is confused with I or 5 :)

Well the title pretty much says it. Be nice if there was a refresh Captcha Image Button next to the Captcha Image. I hate it when I register at an IP.Board and get the info wrong and have to redo the password stuff and etc. Just be nice to have a choice to refresh image in those times where the letter L or S is confused with I or 5 :)

Would be handy when the image doesn't completely load as well. I know this happens a bit in IE.

Already in 2.3.5

http://forums.invisionpower.com/index.php?...;showissue=8344
All this time of usiing IPB and I never had a clue that you could just click the actual image and it will load a new one (well I see it there now, but it's not obvious). Yeah some kind of button would have been more feasible or highlight the text in bold red or something. :rolleyes:

All this time of usiing IPB and I never had a clue that you could just click the actual image and it will load a new one (well I see it there now, but it's not obvious). Yeah some kind of button would have been more feasible or highlight the text in bold red or something. :rolleyes:

Damn that had me fooled as well. :rolleyes:

we don't need actually a button, maybe a message beside the captcha image "you can click on the image to refresh the captcha"

Lol there is already text there that says that... So yes I think a button is warranted even more so now that you just made that statement which indicates you missed it too :P

I think I've seen a Mod that will do something like that.

It forces an X-long-seconds "wait" at a predetermined page, before they can go to the main page. With judicious use, "good" members won't complain.

And those that try to bypass it for whatever reason, just get forced back to the page, and the timer reset. Those that think they're "too important" to read the rules or announcement, are those I wouldn't want in my system anyway.

RV

I vote it uses an elaborate system of tiny transparent images with onhover javascript functions that detect the motion of your mouse in combination with a timer that starts from when the user clicks on the CAPTCHA input field. These two detection methods combined will be able to intelligently work out when the user is unable, or having problems reading the CAPTCHA and if it thinks they are having problems, present them with a popup (or maybe a more subtle message that will appear below the CAPTCHA) reading "Are you having problems? Click here to get a new CAPTCHA image."
Shouldn't be too hard to do :P

I vote it uses an elaborate system of tiny transparent images with onhover javascript functions that detect the motion of your mouse in combination with a timer that starts from when the user clicks on the CAPTCHA input field. These two detection methods combined will be able to intelligently work out when the user is unable, or having problems reading the CAPTCHA and if it thinks they are having problems, present them with a popup (or maybe a more subtle message that will appear below the CAPTCHA) reading "Are you having problems? Click here to get a new CAPTCHA image."

Shouldn't be too hard to do :P

or we could send matt to everyones house to falls into the catagory with a big tshirt saying captcha help man with instruction text on his back, i'm thinking a blue uniform and nice square white hat would be suitable. :D

Archived