How many of you still have LOGIN issues

Guest Will L.

I would like you all to speak up now as it appears in an IPS ticket a tech says I am the ONLY one

now fellow customers I narrowed it to this steps to reproduce on 7 different forums I visit with 5 different browsers

I confirmed this theory with all my other members

it logs them out after they do these steps

1) visit a forum and then a topic

2) then using the breadcrumb trail go back to main index then you are now logged out

this is same on all sites I visit

its something to do with after reading forums and topics

This started for me when I did the 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 update.

I have the board set to stronghold cookie enabled and cookie timeout to never. I used to have cookie timeout set at 30 days (which I assumed would be reset each time a user logged in), but it would timeout after a few days, even if I logged on every day.

But with the 2.2.2 update, closing/reopening the browser logs me out. This is with both IE7 and Firefox 2.

This started for me when I did the 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 update.

I have the board set to stronghold cookie enabled and cookie timeout to never. I used to have cookie timeout set at 30 days (which I assumed would be reset each time a user logged in), but it would timeout after a few days, even if I logged on every day.

But with the 2.2.2 update, closing/reopening the browser logs me out. This is with both IE7 and Firefox 2.

There is a slight bug in 2.2.2 if you have the login key expiration set to never, this is likely why. Change it back to 7 days. :)

There is a slight bug in 2.2.2 if you have the login key expiration set to never, this is likely why. Change it back to 7 days. :)

there is a bigger bug then this as I got so many forum owners laughing at techs that say the bug I reported is BOGUS

so ticket is open hopefully someone can fix this issue

It's relatively hard to fix an issue we absolutely cannot reproduce. :) If the techs are unable to reproduce the issue (on your site of course) it basically leaves us "guessing" where to go. :)

(Disclaimer: I've not seen your ticket, so I don't know the present circumstances).

My other reply, as you'll note from the text I quoted, wasn't directed to you. ;) It was directed to Blight, specifically the statement "and cookie timeout to never.".

As for me, the problem appeared on my board after the 2.2.0 upgrade and it was solved by disabling the stronghold cookie...
When I came here I always had to login, it was the same on other IPB boards. Now I no longer have to login each time, except on the board which have not been upgraded. ;)

As for my board, I'm now using version 2.2.2 but I've not tried enabling stronghold cookie.

A small subset of our members, say around 3%, get logged out everytime they try to post.

I can't reproduce the problem myself. But members of mine do have problems staying logged in, so I'm passing on their reports for the record here.

Our forum is IPB 2.2.2 and the login key expiration is set to seven days.

Seems to me that there are still issues with cookies and staying logged in. Something that wasn't a problem in 2.1.7 and earlier.

I randomly get logged off the forums too, Key set to expire in 7 days, stronghold cookie is disabled. Everythinig else is default. I've noticed that everytime I get logged off, there is a session ID on the url.

Archived