W3C Validation

Guest Coastie

a page with no av's and sigs might validate but although i'd guess it'd depend on the content of a post like bbcode tags etc might set it off, ips have said a fresh ipb will validate so i'd assume that means all non user inputted data like forum view, index, profiles and ipb pages like members, help etc.

I validated (a while ago, mind you) all pages with a fresh install.

Emoticons add an emoid attribute to the image tag (necessary for the preg matching) - this causes validation to fail after emoticons are posted, for example. I can't guarantee validation once user supplied data is added.

But, I did validate topic pages, forum pages, usercp, messenger, index, help, calendar, memberlist, and so on with a fresh install.

I'm wondering why you use XHTML then.

Real XHTML would just throw an error and leave the user with cryptic messages. This is probably going to happen as the IE-dev-team is working on XML-parsers for the implementation of XHTML.

Not that XHTML isn't great. It's just nothing that should be used in such an unstable enviroment (reads: one that produces tag soup).

Of course, there are some not-technical advantages of XHTML as well, so we're going to see what time will bring up.

Archived