Invision Gallery 2.1.0 Alpha 1

Guest Chaotic Llama

When you try to upload an image do you get a message that the upload failed and to contact the administrator? I did with a clean install of the PB2 and Gallery Beta. To get it to work I had to edit the groups permissions. Originally I had just looked at them and since the admin had permission to upload I didn't change anything, got frustrated and edited the permissions for the gallery and after that uploading worked fine. Its almost like with the default settings the forum doesn't recognize the permissions are set, but just saving them again makes them work.

I've been thru all permissions and user/group options and just tried updating permissions again as you mentioned, no luck.

If I see no other option I'll just reinstall the board/blog/gallery from scratch.

Its just a test bed..

Below is a snap of what I see after clicking post image, keep in mind the file is uploaded to the forums uploads directory.

error%203.JPG

The forum attachment uploads work fine..

Your not the only one mate, It happens to me aswell. Only mine upload ok show then when you close down and go back instead of a photo I have a white box with the file name in it. These are certainly not ready for distrabution yet anyway there are far too many bugs still in the software.

Ive installed it on localhost using the zended files and it works fine, the only problem being I cant see any reason to upgrade, does anyone know what the year of waiting has been for? I'm disappointed to say the least.
As far as improved integration goes, I'm hitting a brick wall trying to discover something

Your not the only one mate, It happens to me aswell. Only mine upload ok show then when you close down and go back instead of a photo I have a white box with the file name in it. These are certainly not ready for distrabution yet anyway there are far too many bugs still in the software.

You have a link to an example?

It's working 100% properly here, on my localhost, and on the 3-4 test sites I've installed it on myself, as well as the test site(s) our QA testers have installed on. :unsure: I've had maybe 5 bug reports (which I've fixed for beta 2 that I'm working on). If there are bugs, they need to be reported to the bug tracker else how will I know about them?

Though uploading - I don't have a problem with it, and I suspect it's more of a configuration or support issue than anything...

You have a link to an example?

If there are bugs, they need to be reported to the bug tracker else how will I know about them?

Though uploading - I don't have a problem with it, and I suspect it's more of a configuration or support issue than anything...

Being its a beta release I posted it in the Invision Power Board 2.2 Beta Feedback forum.

Feel free to move it, I still havn't figured out whats wrong. I'd glady link a IPS Staff Member to my localhost privately.

thx

Being its a beta release I posted it in the Invision Power Board 2.2 Beta Feedback forum.

Feel free to move it, I still havn't figured out whats wrong. I'd glady link a IPS Staff Member to my localhost privately.

thx

I see your point - but really the forum is intended to provide feedback about the products (i.e. you like/dislike how something works, and so on). Actual bugs should be reported to the bug tracker.

In the folders in your second screenshot - are there actually any images in there? Were there no errors when you tried to upload the image? Where did you get redirected to upon upload?

I see your point - but really the forum is intended to provide feedback about the products (i.e. you like/dislike how something works, and so on). Actual

bugs

should be reported to the bug tracker.

In the folders in your second screenshot - are there actually any images in there? Were there no errors when you tried to upload the image? Where did you get redirected to upon upload?

Aight - lesson learned

Yes, the images were located in the folders. No errors were reported, the blank white page is where I was re-directed.

Localhost: Windows XP Pro
MSIIS: 5.1
Forums: v2.2.0 Beta 2 ION
Blog and Gallery: ION
MYSQL: (4.0.17-nt)
PHP: v4.3.4 (cgi-fcgi)

New to the mystery, last night I had some free time. I popped into the COMPONENTS->Media Manager. To this point I had been just trying to upload a sample jpeg so I tried other file types and double checked that they were allowed. A 646kb mpg uploaded fine and displayed properly yet a mpeg returned the error:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You are not allowed to upload this type of image

Attempted a avi

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

The image upload failed, please contact a system administrator

The defaults (Image to upload File types allowed: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif) all redirected to the white page shown.

Any attempts I tried I did make sure the file type was permitted.

thx

I've done another fresh install and had gone thru all I could think of

Is your PHP install compiled with GD support? On Windows, it typically is not natively enabled - you have to enable GD support in php.ini. That would explain the blank white pages.

Otherwise, set display_errors to 1 in php.ini and restart your webserver - do you get an error instead of a blank white page? Are any error logs being generated?

I'll be an SOB bfarber, been so long since I setup php on my main site I spaced that off on my testbox.

thx bro, added a note to remind me!

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;  Forum Related;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;be sure to load gd2 extension=php_gd2.dll

Kinda short on time though 3 tests I did loaded fine .gif, .jpg and .mpg

I'll have some free time tomorrow

thx again

Archived