I don't think it should be encoded

Guest harmor

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think "nullifying" an unencoded, viewable source PHP application qualifies as "hacking" -- in fact, I'd say it's one step below a script kiddie. :lol:

:lol: how true. nullers are a disgrace to the hacking world. all they do is change some code and stick a copyright to it. anyone with basic knowledge of php can do that.

I don't think "nullifying" an unencoded, viewable source PHP application qualifies as "hacking" -- in fact, I'd say it's one step below a script kiddie on the talent scale. :lol:

Well you may see it that way, but the fact is that there is allot of piracy going on with IPB & vB

hmm. i get your point sT7. but who would want to null any more copies when there are already lots of them out. people are just walking over to illegal sites and grabbing nulled copies right off the shelves. and there is a piracy report form, even though i havent heard of anybody actually closing down any illegal sites. IPS should make a kill switch for illegal forums that they find.

hmm. i get your point sT7. but who would want to null any more copies when there are already lots of them out. people are just walking over to illegal sites and grabbing nulled copies right off the shelves. and there is a piracy report form, even though i havent heard of anybody actually closing down any illegal sites. IPS should make a kill switch for illegal forums that they find.

Word, in future I would like to see more action from IPS

Pirated use of IPB is no one's issue other than IPS, so could we perhaps dispense with the conspiracy theories and piracy rants and try to stay focused on helping the beta become more polished.

The beta IS encoded and WILL BE encoded until shortly before the code is final. Let's all accept that and move on.

If they rush the bug fixes won't they potentially create other bugs? I think IPS should take their time and fix all the bugs they can find in beta 1 first even if it takes two or three months.

None of the softwares available in the internet today is bug free, even large corporations like Microsoft has a lot of flaws in their products.

You're right about the part where you said that hackers will "null" the script. If I were to null a script I'd definitely null the beta version and never the gold release.

If 2.2 is as bad as using wrong queries then it definitely needs to go through some extension testing.

Nothing that can be engineered can be reverse engineered.
This looks complex for a normal user but not for some one whose
job is to decode.

An eye opener for you friend :)

Nulled versions are already there for downloads, so this defeats this reason.
I agree to protect cod from modders in initial phases it is a good thing to do.

I agree to protect cod from modders in initial phases it is a good thing to do.

I disagree with that, how are we able to spot errors in the code when we don't see the code. Encoding it basically enlongs the testing process and will probably let slip through some bugs that would've been otherwise noted.

The reason that was given from Charles to keep the code clean is a good one though and I understand that it must be annoying to search for something that was not in the code in the first place... :rolleyes:

I disagree with that, how are we able to spot errors in the code when we don't see the code. Encoding it basically enlongs the testing process and will probably let slip through some bugs that would've been otherwise noted.

The reason that was given from Charles to keep the code clean is a good one though and I understand that it must be annoying to search for something that was not in the code in the first place... :rolleyes:

ips probably has the original code and they redone the code so many times they probably memorized what files have what functions. so if somebody reports a bug ips can use their original code and find the flaw.

ips probably has the original code and they redone the code so many times they probably memorized what files have what functions. so if somebody reports a bug ips can use their original code and find the flaw.

One doesn't "memorise" 40,000 lines of code. No, just... no. Most modifications add on to existing functions, not create new ones anyway. And there's no "probably" - of course they have the original code.

One doesn't "memorise" 40,000 lines of code. No, just... no. Most modifications add on to existing functions, not create new ones anyway. And there's no "probably" - of course they have the original code.

They didn't memorize the code. they just know the functions.

Wait, you mean that even though I downloaded it, they somehow still have a copy? :lol:

and yea they do. i dont think IPS wrote the entire 2.2 script using Ioncube and Zend. they must have encoded it using the original copy. they dont have that kind of knowledge. and :lol: i get you

What in the world are you talking about?

I don't understand the big deal people, we have what 25 days with an encoded version ( Oct 15, 2006 ), is it that big of a deal?

Archived