I don't think it should be encoded

Guest harmor

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure there are modders and skinners out there that want to get started on making mods for 2.2 but can't because of it's encoded.

Will the Release Candidates be encoded as well?

Release Candidates are not encoded. Early Betas are encoded to make sure that you can't mod it, and mistake a fault in your mods for a fault in the core code, among other things.

• Management

Release Candidates are not encoded. Early Betas are encoded to make sure that you can't mod it, and mistake a fault in your mods for a fault in the core code, among other things.

On that subject real quick ...

We did not always encode betas but, like Kyanar pointed out, we had some people mod the board at a beta stage and reports bugs. We ended up chasing bugs that ended up not even being something we did. So now we encode the early public betas to keep our code pure during testing.

The RC and Final will not be encoded.

You're right about the part where you said that hackers will "null" the script. If I were to null a script I'd definitely null the beta version and never the gold release.

If 2.2 is as bad as using wrong queries then it definitely needs to go through some extension testing.

Yea I know that, that

• Management

And what do you mean news to you? I think you guys should of know that hackers always love to get their hand on different scripts to null ect I heard that some are already trying to de-zend the zended versions I cant say who what and where thats what one of my mates told me

By "news to me" I meant that all your theories for why we encoded it are wrong. We encoded it for the reasons we gave: to keep the code pure for testing. Not to prevent some grand conspiracy.

Of course people try to decode or otherwise get around things - that's what people who practice piracy do.

Since IPB 2.2 Beta is set to expire doesn't that force the developers to code the next beta? Wouldn't it be better to fix as many bugs as they can find then go to the next beta instead of rushing the releases?

What do you mean by that? The reason why they put the limit is because people can test it for few weeks and report as many bugs as they can

Unfortunately outside of exclusively offering encoded versions of their software there will always be 'nulled' versions of IPB out there. Where there is a way of getting to the source code, there is a way of changing it.

As to why it is encoded, it has probably been answered already, but it is simply so that the Invision staff don't have to worry about chasing 'false leads' on software bugs as they did last time when people were modding the betas. Don't worry, the RCs will be out soon enough, then you can start working on your skins/mods. :) I'm a bit anxious for this myself, but I can wait. No sense in converting a skin if the templates are just going to change in a few days, eh?

-No1

Archived