There is not a signature in the profile

Guest Eliran

We felt that the signature was more of a "posting" sign off

I disagree. A member's signature is (often) much more than just a "posting sign off"... For many members, it's part of their "personality". It seems odd to me, therefore, that you can no longer see it in their profile.

I disagree. A member's signature is (often) much more than just a "posting sign off"... For many members, it's part of their "personality". It seems odd to me, therefore, that you can no longer see it in their profile.

I agree with you. At least an option for admin or the user to set show it or not.

I believe you can have a longer description using the personal statement, which I feel should be moved to the center column next to the Avatar (Moves some stuff from the left column). I know I'll be editing the skin that way anyways :D
Maybe have the option to sign the statement off with the signature user and admin setable.

Personally, Signature for topics, Statement for profiles

• Management

Here's an idea, copy your signature contents in your personal statement! :D

Seriously though - the new profile display makes having the signature there a little redundant. In the "old days" it was there to fill up space - but it's not really relevant to the profile anymore.

• 1 month later...

Here's an idea, copy your signature contents in your personal statement! :D

Seriously though - the new profile display makes having the signature there a little redundant. In the "old days" it was there to fill up space - but it's not really relevant to the profile anymore.

This word redundancy nonsence you speak of seems stupid in comarision to the redundancy that is on the posting screen or many other parts of the new 2.2.

are you one of the people who put a stupid collage of everything they like in their signatures? I hate that and find it very annoying.

ITS A SIGNATURE!

I like this idea :)

Well the only use I see in putting the signature in the profile is it gives a moderator the ability to look at someone's signature without having to dig for a post to view it. For example a member tells a moderator there is inappropriate content in the signature... Easier for moderator to go to that member's profile :).

If it isn't included I think I'll make a profile plugin to show a "Signature" tab and include it with the report center :)

Well the only use I see in putting the signature in the profile is it gives a moderator the ability to look at someone's signature without having to dig for a post to view it. For example a member tells a moderator there is inappropriate content in the signature... Easier for moderator to go to that member's profile :) .

If it isn't included I think I'll make a profile plugin to show a "Signature" tab and include it with the report center :)

Someone has done that, it was in another thread here somewhere.

Well the only use I see in putting the signature in the profile is it gives a moderator the ability to look at someone's signature without having to dig for a post to view it. For example a member tells a moderator there is inappropriate content in the signature... Easier for moderator to go to that member's profile :) .

I agree with or even those who do not have post yet have a siggy.

Archived