Profile Page

Guest lupin84

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but the profile page is now screaming Myspace. I know for my visitors they could care less about all the extrea stuff it now has. I'm just happen I can switch it to the old view as that looks much better.

I don't see the need for comments on a profile. I mean thats just using up database space. If another member wants to send a comment to another memeber they can just make a topic or pm that member. Adding your friends to the profile view again is a myspace feature and I don't see how that is good for a forum. If it was a friend-sharing system like Myspace is ok sure. But this is IP.Board, if anything else it was a smart move to leave the switch option in.

• Management

Ditto. Too "myspace" like for me. Meant more for teeny boppers.

Is this page editable via the admin cp? i.e. so you could use a scaled back version and set what profile options you are interested in

You can just shut it off and go to classic mode in the ACP.

Ditto. Too "myspace" like for me. Meant more for teeny boppers.

Is this page editable via the admin cp? i.e. so you could use a scaled back version and set what profile options you are interested in

It's safe to say, that skinning is your friend. You simply remove some of the features you don't want from the template bits, and blam - they're gone. I know I'm likely to do this with a few of those bits on my own installation, as I use it for unofficial product support.

I'm on top of the moon with excitement over the new profile feature! Yes as pointed out it's like My Space but thats what so many of us want because our forums are already communities and this is the next step to making that much more better & interactive! Why complain about this, as stated just turn it off if you don't want it used on your forum. AMAZING job to the IPB staff I can't wait to get this up 7 running for my community!

Sorry but the profile page is now screaming Myspace. I know for my visitors they could care less about all the extrea stuff it now has. I'm just happen I can switch it to the old view as that looks much better. I don't see the need for comments on a profile. I mean thats just using up database space. If another member wants to send a comment to another memeber they can just make a topic or pm that member. Adding your friends to the profile view again is a myspace feature and I don't see how that is good for a forum. If it was a friend-sharing system like Myspace is ok sure. But this is IP.Board, if anything else it was a smart move to leave the switch option in.

Whether you love or hate MySpace, you have to admit that social networking has become the next big thing. If IPB can integrate itself with this phenomenon, then so much the better, I say. :)

Archived