Profile Page

Guest lupin84

Something to think about.

Having the profile system like this is a much better enhancement to the current profile system. Look at VB. Look at the current IPB 2.1.7. The standard profile system flat out sucks. Not many people actually visit a persons profile...and many people dont go through the trouble of even doing anything with their profile because it sucks and lets people know the absolute minimum about you. By default there is no reason for anyone to visit your profile. Or any initiative to do so.

By doing the profile system this way, it gives people more of an incentive to visit your profile and others profiles and interact with them.

For businesses it can add a whole new dimension.

As someone stated before, forums are essentially social networking software as it is. This IMO was destined to happen sooner or later.

Some people may argue thats what hacks are for. But visit the VB forums. Visit the IPS forums. Whats the one thing people complain about the most? Updates. The frequency of them. Why go through all of the trouble hacking the profile page...then have to do it all over again because an update just came out that was beneficial for security and features. Its tedious. This eliminates that.

While I may not be too fond of the new pricing structure, thats a rather small thing. IPB 2.2 rocks. Plain and simple. I support it 100%. It shows the innovation that IPS is known for. Watch which forum software does something similar next. ;) Thumbs up to Matt and everyone else for an awesome product.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new profile portal is great. You know what would be awsome? Friendly URL! Like the blogs :)

What the heck, you may as well integrate the blog, gallery and profile into one. They would still be paid components of course, just that they would be unified. That would be sleek! Something to think about for the future I guess!

What the heck, you may as well integrate the blog, gallery and profile into one. They would still be paid components of course, just that they would be unified. That would be sleek! Something to think about for the future I guess!

They are basically all integrated.

If you have Gallery installed, your last 6 Images will show, and if you have Blog installed, your last 5 Entries will show. There is a tab for each one.

Yes it's great the way it is now, just wondering what it would be like if it was all integrated so for example www.invisionpower.com/forums/blogs would not exist, simply it would be something like www.forum.com/forums/myProfile with the profile, gallery and blog basically acting as one component, if that makes sense. Not sure if this would be a good idea though as it might make things too cramped! just a a thought though, I don't know how practical it would be.

^ thatd suck so bad

i use gallery for artwork and stuff, if people ha dto go my profile to view it, itd be a pain in the arse

but man how corporate is IPB 2.2 now, i dont think itd work well with small sites its just too powerful

It could be less of a profile page and more of a personal page. Like myspace :)

The profile page is cool, but I think you need to add privacy controls.

I'd imagine because Invision Services doesn't sound as good.

Invision is another company (http://www.invision.com) so they have to use Invision Power to differentiate themselves.

Archived