V3 - When is it ready?

Guest Beatrina

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my. Davy doesn't like topics like these at all, nor do lots of people. And I'm not sure when it is coming out. Not for a while, Nexus is about to be released to its public beta and then release, as well as development of IP.Dynamic and beta and then release, so expect it to be a LOOOOONG time before the next updation of IPB. ;)

I think 2.1 has a lot of good features, and its already keeping up with all the other boards, and even passing them in most features, also IPB is pretty much all it needs to be, could use some minor improvements..but I don't really think it needs to go into a totally new version..

Altough it may, nobody knows. ;)

March 2006?

September 2006?

I need just a small hint and not the answer: When its ready.

Does a timeplan exists?

Thx, Beatrina

6 to 8 months from the original release of 2.1.0

Thats about how long, including a delay with 2.1.0, that it took to upgrade from 2.0.0 to 2.1.0

I think 2.1 has a lot of good features, and its already keeping up with all the other boards, and even passing them in most features, also IPB is pretty much all it needs to be, could use some minor improvements..but I don't really think it needs to go into a totally new version..

Altough it may, nobody knows. ;)

If they don't update the code, then Vbulletin will become better, only by default because they did improve the overall quality from 3.5.0 to 4.0.0 ( or whatever they decided to call it ).

ie

IPS will update their product, they want to make it better and it will be required for IPB, plus they want to have some hold on the market place in 2006.

That has been hinted at.

I think it would make a nice chance for Matt to finish up some things that were never done in 2.1

Correct my dates, it will be 6-8 months after 2.2.0, which of course is based on the progress IPB makes over the next few months.

This is clearly a guess, I mean IPB is not in public Beta, thus my dates have to be changed based on IPB 2.2.0 and a public beta of IPB

Of course I am just a customer who understands how long it takes to release a good product. Of course I hope that a delay doesn't have like it did with 2.1.0 because that would suck.

Invisionboard is cool, but development is very slow.
Or am i wrong? Invisionboard looks like 1.5 years ago.
I will have a look at the admin control panel soon... perhaps the changes are here, in the background.

Oh and i had a look at other software.... and unbelievable ....
all forums have the same look and feel. The developers have no new ideas or is it, because this is the best look and feel?
I can

Yeah, it is not slow. Last year when 2.1 came out there was new features like WYSIWYG editor (which I think should be able to be turned on easier instead of mixed in with my controls), quick editing, display names, and more..

And look at the changes between 1.3 and 2.0! :D

if it could come out on January 28th 2006 i'd be most appreciative as I can't afford to renew my license. no? well thats just selfish.

Yes, the next version is going to come out within the next 2 weeks...

After all, it doesn't take much to code an entire BB system :)

if it could come out on January 28th 2006 i'd be most appreciative as I can't afford to renew my license. no? well thats just selfish.

Its not going to happen...The next release is most likely not even finished.

Yet you want them to release it in 17 days, thats not going to happen, buy another license if you want it when it comes out.

Archived