Community in the Cloud site slow or down right now

David N.

33 minutes ago, Marc said:

We're looking into it. Thank you for letting us know

Cogent Communications had several outages in the United States. There is not much Amazon could've done. I recommend using a VPN with a location anywhere outside of the United States if you're still having slowness.

Just now, David N. said:

I'm not located in the US, I'm in Europe. 

Yes, but 20% of AWS is between the United States and Canada. If you have latency with your connection between Europe and the United States, you can use a VPN to redirect your connection allowing you to have a faster stable connection. Basically what can happen is that there might not a problem with your ISP and there might not be a problem with the Web Host but there could be a problem somewhere in between where the internet connects your ISP to your Web Host.

My website has only gone offline on Aug 26; it was down for 30 minutes because the Data Center where I'm hosting went offline.

Some recent dates of downtime detected have been:
Jul 22, 31
Aug 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 29, 31
Sep 2, 6, 17, 18, 20, 26, 27, 29, 30
Oct 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14
These probably lasted a few seconds/minutes or using Cloudflare CDN kept my website online.

3 hours ago, David N. said:

I can see a direct correlation between my site and this site being slow and down and the server response time peaking and the downtime being reported about 2 hours ago on the Invision Community status report:

https://status.invisioncommunity.com/

This is interesting...

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

US Partial Outage was recognized and they're doing maintenance since an hour ago expected to end Tomorrow at 15:00 EDT.

Could contain: Page, Text

This is from Uptime.com which doesn't appear to have detected the few seconds/minutes of downtime.

5 hours ago, Pescao6 said:

Some recent dates of downtime detected have been:
Jul 22, 31

These dates are from GoDaddy Website Security Basic which is a feature from having a GoDaddy Domain with Ultimate Protection ($30/yr).

I just called GoDaddy because I noticed they have new products...

• GoDaddy Website Security = Sucuri
  • GoDaddy Website Security Basic = Sucuri Monitoring
  • GoDaddy Website Security Standard (formerly GoDaddy Website Security Deluxe) = Sucuri Pro

• Management
54 minutes ago, Pescao6 said:

Jul 22, 31

Those dates may be for some AWS services in some regions, but our cloud platform has not experienced downtime on those dates.

There are times where our auto-scaling takes a few minutes to come online, and these will not be picked up on our status page, but our status page is the best source of information for our platforms: https://status.invisioncommunity.com/

This morning we were alerted to a spike that was intermittent for about 8-10 minutes, which we intervened with quickly and scaling managed. It looks to be a lot of new bot traffic which our WAF eventually blocked.

Again, not all sites would have seen this. We have 5 clusters, and each cluster has multiple MySQL readers to account for spikes, but sometimes we need to launch new readers to manage traffic, and it can take a few minutes to replicate data across.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Boat, Sailboat, Transportation, Vehicle, Page, Text

We are performing some maintenance which is a step towards better performance moving forwards with more resources on standby.

17 hours ago, Matt said:

This morning we were alerted to a spike that was intermittent for about 8-10 minutes, which we intervened with quickly and scaling managed. It looks to be a lot of new bot traffic which our WAF eventually blocked.

Those new AI bots are impressive for lack of a better word.