Site Errors

Hi,  Just came on my site today and have this error across my site "[[Template core/front/global/userBar is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

also in Get Support, under Database it says "There was an error loading the hook scanner results"

Any ideas what to do?  I haven't made any changes to my site recently

Could contain: Page, Text

I got it fixed, I guess the database just had to be repaired.  Honestly, I've been scared to death to update the site because I don't even know where to begin to upgrade the mods and theme I have installed because I have no idea where the authors are or if they're even around anymore and I would lose so much...it seems I would lose a lot of functionality and have to almost start all over again.

Glad to hear that you fixed the issue.

I would recommend evaluating that sooner than later. The authors of your items should be listed next to them. Generally, there is also a contact or website listed there too in the magnify glass. Better to do this now than when you're in a pinch and need support or get hit by a security issue because your software is out of date.

There's also the option of hiring a 3rd party Provider if you don't want to do it alone: https://invisioncommunity.com/third-party/providers-directory/

With the marketplace closure, I've often helped with this kind of situation. This is a common problem for a lot of site owners.

I recently helped upgrade a site with dozens of modifications. I searched for the updated version of everything on the developers' sites. Some were unavailable and I updated them to be compatible with 4.7 myself.

Edited by teraßyte