Login and theme error

the problem is logging into the /forums page to re-update the Invision forum theme, as requested in this banner line that shows:

[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
The forum theme I am using is from Invision Power Service (https://invisioncommunity.com/).    Something is not correct with this, and other users are having problems logging into the forum.

Also, I can not log in either to the Invision Community admin. When trying to log in, I get an insecure form warning, and it just loops back to the forum admin login page,  as it does from what I am hearing from other forum users.

Also, in addition, when I or anyone tries to log in with their forum account (aoai.org/forums)  it does not accept the login and tells the user to log in again or sign up

[[Template core/front/global/footer is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]

It sounds like your theme is out of date. Login to your ACP (domain.com/admin) and create a NEW theme and make it your default. See if that solves your problem. If so the problem is with your existing theme not being compatible with the latest version. 

But the only problem is that even I can NOT log into the forum or the admin pages.    And the existing theme was the default theme that I never changed.   

Posted (edited)

But my only problem is that even I can NOT log into the forum or the admin pages.    And the existing theme was the default theme that I never changed.   So I can not get to the ACP login to use the recovery mode.

When I try to log in, I get the  warning in the attached screenshot,  and when I click SEND, it loops back to the log in screen.   This is what regular forum users get too.

Lew

Could contain: Text, Business Card, Paper

•  
Edited by lschuc

Just now, lschuc said:

But my only problem is that even I can NOT log into the forum or the admin pages.    And the existing theme was the default theme that I never changed.   So I can not get to the ACP login to use the recovery mode.

•  

Recovery mode is not done via the ACP. It is done via your server's file system.

I'm looking at the file server in my FTP app and I don't see a recovery mode. 

6 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Recovery mode is not done via the ACP. It is done via your server's file system.

9 minutes ago, lschuc said:

I'm looking at the file server in my FTP app and I don't see a recovery mode. 

Please see the document I posted above

Based on the error in your screenshot, it seems your conf_global.php file contains an HTTP URL instead of HTTPS, but your server redirects to HTTPS automatically and breaks the login form.

Try following this guide before using recovery mode:

Jim,  or any Invision team member: 

I can NOT get into my Admin CP.   I tried running the constants.PHP but that did nothing.  

When I log into my ACP, it get ONLY the following message: 

[[Template core/admin/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When I go on to a forum page, the following error codes are at the bottom of the page: 

[[Template core/front/global/footer is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'IPS\core\extensions\core\AdminNotifications\PiiDataRequest' not found in /home/raymondl/public_html/aoai.org/forums/applications/core/sources/AdminNotification/AdminNotification.php:396 Stack trace: #0 /home/raymondl/public_html/aoai.org/forums/applications/core/sources/AdminNotification/AdminNotification.php(257): IPS\core\_AdminNotification::constructFromData(Array) #1 /home/raymondl/public_html/aoai.org/forums/applications/core/sources/AdminNotification/AdminNotification.php(273): IPS\core\_AdminNotification::allNotifications() #2 /home/raymondl/public_html/aoai.org/forums/applications/core/sources/AdminNotification/AdminNotification.php(370): IPS\core\_AdminNotification::find('core', 'ConfigurationEr...', 'taskLock-2895') #3 /home/raymondl/public_html/aoai.org/forums/system/Task/Task.php(274): IPS\core\_AdminNotification::remove('core', 'ConfigurationEr...', 'taskLock-2895') #4 /home/raymondl/public_html/aoai.org/forums/system/Task/Task.php(229): IPS\_Task->run() #5 /home/raymondl/p in /home/raymondl/public_html/aoai.org/forums/applications/core/sources/AdminNotification/AdminNotification.php on line 396

So I can NOT do anything you mention above and can not find where to fix this.  I have been a very long time customer and user of our Invision Community forum software and have always received prompt and excellent service and you were always able to fix any problems.   Now I can't get any help to fix this problem.  I am willing to pay Invision Community to solve this problem but it seems like that is impossible!!  

PLEASE HELP!! 

LEW

Please see the link posted by terabyte above. It looks like your server is redirecting to https, but your site is not set to use https. 

I DID CHECK the conf_global.php file on the server and it IS INDEED correct showing https://   But I CAN NOT still log into the ACP.  I still get this response on after logging in: [[Template core/admin/global/globalTemplate is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I do not know where else to turn. I have used your forum for MANY years.

PLEASE give me a phone number or email to get help from your support.  If any cost, I can gladly pay the cost.  I tried everything above and can not log into the ACP

We do not provide telephone support

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

9 hours ago, lschuc said:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'IPS\core\extensions\core\AdminNotifications\PiiDataRequest' not found in /home/raymondl/public_html/aoai.org/forums/applications/core/sources/AdminNotification/AdminNotification.php:396

Stack trace:
#0 /home/raymondl/public_html/aoai.org/forums/applications/core/sources/AdminNotification/AdminNotification.php(257): IPS\core\_AdminNotification::constructFromData(Array)
#1 /home/raymondl/public_html/aoai.org/forums/applications/core/sources/AdminNotification/AdminNotification.php(273): IPS\core\_AdminNotification::allNotifications()
#2 /home/raymondl/public_html/aoai.org/forums/applications/core/sources/AdminNotification/AdminNotification.php(370): IPS\core\_AdminNotification::find('core', 'ConfigurationEr...', 'taskLock-2895')
#3 /home/raymondl/public_html/aoai.org/forums/system/Task/Task.php(274): IPS\core\_AdminNotification::remove('core', 'ConfigurationEr...', 'taskLock-2895')
#4 /home/raymondl/public_html/aoai.org/forums/system/Task/Task.php(229): IPS\_Task->run()
#5 /home/raymondl/p in /home/raymondl/public_html/aoai.org/forums/applications/core/sources/AdminNotification/AdminNotification.php on line 396

Based on the error you posted, some files are missing from your server. Or they are there, but with the wrong permissions, and the server can't read/access them.

Re-upload all the files from the ZIP file in your client area again and double-check the permissions.

From the error, you are at least missing this file => \applications\core\extensions\core\AdminNotifications\PiiDataRequest.php

And if it's there, with the correct contents, then the permissions are wrong.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Marc St said:

We do not provide telephone support

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Marc,   Like I mentioned earlier, I CAN NOT ACCESS MY ACP!!  So how can I find out or show access details in the ACP or use the tools in the ACP to restore the forum app?    

Edited by lschuc

6 minutes ago, lschuc said:

Marc,   Like I mentioned earlier, I CAN NOT ACCESS MY ACP!!  So how can I find out or show access details in the ACP or use the tools in the ACP to restore the forum app?    

This would be in the Client Area, not your ACP. I understand you're frustrated but we just ask for a few seconds of calming reading so that you can assist us, assist you 🙂 .

just went into my client access on your website and updated the passwords for the FTP server, and admin CP URL and access.  Hope that works.

Lew

Thank you, I was able to get in now.

Few issues happening here:

1. You have a lot of mix of files present on your file system for our software, both version 3 and version 4.
  2. You're running MySQL 8.0 which is not supported at the version you're on.
  3. You're running PHP 7.4 which won't be compatible for some of the files you have on there, both too old and new.
  4. I cleared your cache to see if there are any issues afoot and that honestly, just brought more so there are a lot of things simply not working here.

The best way forward would be to perform an upgrade to the latest release. That will at least resolve most of the above. I would also strongly advise removing all version 3 files and only have version 4 files present.

Posted (edited)

I am looking at the /forums folder in the server, but I don't know how to see or fine the version 3 files to delete.   

Or should I just delete the /forums folder and start over?   Of course, I would not want to delete the database, since that would remove all of the many forum posts and topics as well as all the users.

Or can you look in the /forums folder and identify the ver. 3 files? 

Again,  I can not upgrade to the latest version since I am unable to log into the ACP

Edited by lschuc