Invision Community v5: An update, and next steps

Wondering if the staff has any issues with those that are running the alpha to share links to their test boards? Obviously the selection of those selected to is limited, but is there a reason to exclude the rest of us from being able to poke around on the test boards of those selected for the program? Would seem to me that it would benefit everyone to have a second tier of testers where members of the community jump on some of these boards, play and report into those that were selected so that they can in turn distill feedback and activity to report back to Invision?

• Management
34 minutes ago, superaven said:

Wondering if the staff has any issues with those that are running the alpha to share links to their test boards? Obviously the selection of those selected to is limited, but is there a reason to exclude the rest of us from being able to poke around on the test boards of those selected for the program? Would seem to me that it would benefit everyone to have a second tier of testers where members of the community jump on some of these boards, play and report into those that were selected so that they can in turn distill feedback and activity to report back to Invision?

Right now we are asking the testers not to share links to their test sites until we get another alpha build or two out.

• Management

Little update: bugs are being squashed slightly faster than they are being reported, which is a good sign.

We've got two blogs queued up, one for tomorrow and one for next week. I've just seen the video Ehren has put together and it's his best yet. It's fitting that he opened the v5 video blogs, and has created the last. That should be out next week. We will have a bunch of other blogs after, but this is the last major feature reveal.

As for alpha testing v5, don't worry because...

Could contain: Head, Person, Face, Happy, Laughing, Adult, Female, Woman, Mace Club, Weapon

(After we've got things a little more stable or the bug report forum will be like Harry Potter's living room but instead of trying to stop Harry opening an invitation to Hogwarts, I'll be trying to stop our devs from having a breakdown).

1 hour ago, Matt said:

(After we've got things a little more stable or the bug report forum will be like Harry Potter's living room but instead of trying to stop Harry opening an invitation to Hogwarts, I'll be trying to stop our devs from having a breakdown).

I would just throw my hands in the air and go back to bed. Or I'd tell you to uber me more coffee.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

As for alpha testing v5, don't worry because...

Could contain: Head, Person, Face, Happy, Laughing, Adult, Female, Woman, Mace Club, Weapon

Will the test sites come with the option of a pre-loaded testing database (like forums, topics, and user profiles already populated)?

Or will it be just like a self hosting installation on a new database?