Error when upgrading IPB

Hi,

Today we started to upgrade the IPB, but when it started some errors appeared to me to repair some tables in database. But after upgrade each table, now I'm receiving the following error

Uncaught Error: Attempt to assign property "timezone" on null in /var/www/eias3d_forums/public/system/Member/Member.php:183

And we can't do the login now.

Can you help me please?

Thank you in advance.

3 minutes ago, Tomas Egger said:

Hi Jim.

Yes. We are using PHP 8.1.

Would double check it against the requirements checker and ensure that your MySQL connection details are correct in conf_global.php:

8 minutes ago, Jim M said:

ensure that your MySQL connection details are correct in conf_global.php

Sorry, please make sure you have checked the above

2 minutes ago, Tomas Egger said:

Yes. The connection to MySQL database is correct.

You'll want to make sure that your database connection is actually the right database as I get the below when going to your upgrade area:
Table 'ipbcore_sys_conf_settings' doesn't exist

• 2 months later...

Hi @DawPi,

Sorry for the late response. We had some bigger issues, and now we are returning to make the upgrade.

I can't do the automatic upgrade. Then I've uploaded fresh files from IPB zip file. But when I go to the path /admin/upgrade, I get the following message after put my admin credentials:

You do not have permission to run the upgrader.

I've checked my password, but the error persists.

Can you help me, please?

Is the admin account you're trying to use restricted somehow in the ACP? If yes, try with an unrestricted account.

Without a specific permission, I don't recall which or where it is right now, the upgrader will throw an error.

Edited by teraßyte

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, teraßyte said:

Is the admin account you're trying to use restricted somehow in the ACP? If yes, try with an unrestricted account.

Without a specific permission, I don't recall which or where it is right now, the upgrader will throw an error.

Hi @teraßyte. Thank you for your reply.

My user is admin, and is not restricted. Is there a way to check my permissions on database to allow this action?

Edited by Tomas Egger

You could bypass this by adding a constant.php file with the following in there. This will then at least allow you to get to the latest release, as it may be you have a bug in the release you are on ( it seems pretty old). Ensure you remove it once you are done

<?php
define('BYPASS_UPGRADER_LOGIN', TRUE);

Thanks @Marc.

I've entered as expected.

But when I start, I got the following message:

Could contain: Page, Text

But I've verified and the files listed above are OK and with the correct permissions. But I checked the zip file of the new version and there is no gestion folder there. What can I do to solve the issue?

Thanks @Jim M it worked.

But I don't know why, but I can't do login as admin in IPB. I can login to the forums, but not the admin.

We had some issues with our database because of out of disk space. Some tables needed to be repaired and I don't know if something was dropped.

I've detected that the table ipbcore_admin_permissions_rows was empty, and we restored it. But we still with no access to admin. Are there other points to check?

8 minutes ago, Tomas Egger said:

I've detected that the table ipbcore_admin_permissions_rows was empty, and we restored it. But we still with no access to admin. Are there other points to check?

How was that restored? With data from a previous backup?

Posted (edited)

We repaired each table in MySQL with the command 

REPAIR [table_name] USE_FRM;

And the empty table (ipbcore_admin_permissions_rows), we used a previous backup.

Edited by Tomas Egger

Are you receiving the following message: You do not have permission to access the Admin CP?

If so, I'm afraid, that restoration to the permissions table is not working.

If you're using Redis, you can try to disable that but that should be a direct read from the database. You may need to restore the whole database back to prior to the upgrade and then re-perform the upgrade to ensure that if there are any changes required, those are done accordingly because your table structure/data likely is out of date.