Error -200 when uploading PDF files ~25 MB or larger

Hello,

I keep getting the following error when trying to upload PDF files on the slightly larger side. Files uploads around 20 MB will sometimes complete and sometimes not, but if the file is around 25 MB or larger, it never completes, and I get the following error:

Could contain: Text, Page

I have seen elsewhere that this is usually a PHP settings issue, but it persists even after setting extraordinarily generous PHP ini settings, for example:

max_execution_time = 600

max_input_time = -1 (I assume -1 means unlimited, but I have also tried with this setting at 600 to no effect)

max_input_vars = 16000

memory_limit = 2048M

post_max_size = 1024M

upload_max_filesize = 512M

Are there any other server configuration options that I should check? Anything else other users have reported as causing this issue?

Thank you!

You would want to contact your hosting provider or server administrator for assistance here. "-200" in plupload is an error with processing on the server so it would need to be investigated and handled there. I'm afraid, server configuration is outside the scope of our support.

Hi @Jim M, nice to talk with you again. 

2 hours ago, Jim M said:

"-200" in plupload is an error with processing on the server so it would need to be investigated and handled there.

Great info, thanks! I did not know this. Will relay this to our host and ask them. Thanks for your help and any other pointers you may add. 

@Randy Calvert We're not using a cloud server. Just a dedicated server in a datacenter. 

Just wanted to update what we found in case in helps anyone else. @Jim M was right on-- it was a server configuration problem. Specifically, it was a conflict with the Apache module mod_reqtimeout. The issue was resolved by disabling that module. Thanks again!