Blacked out photos…iPhone 15…

5 hours ago, Jim M said:

It should be relatively instantaneous, depending on what is being changed. At most it may take the cache length of the page to take effect.

I disabled all my plugins, all applications and used the default theme... and still get a black image when uploading from the iPhone.... 

The reality there is, given it works everywhere but your site, and if you have tested with no 3rd party involved at all, and you can upload fine when its not uploading in another format, it can only really be when your server converting the file. While its odd its happening both on GD and on Imagemagick, its  the only conclusion that can really be made here, as It's the only thing different

7 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The reality there is, given it works everywhere but your site, and if you have tested with no 3rd party involved at all, and you can upload fine when its not uploading in another format, it can only really be when your server converting the file. While its odd its happening both on GD and on Imagemagick, its  the only conclusion that can really be made here, as It's the only thing different

Maybe the versions of GD/Imagemagick are different on this server than the one hosting my stuff... In theory it should not, but who knows, maybe a freak extreme case. Also I notice there's lots of entries in the system logs ... maybe there's something in there.

I see my Topic is still popping. 

The images that upload black are photos taken by my daughter on her iPhone 15. (So far none of my Members have complained about this issue. Yet.) It happens when I save her photos to my iPhone/iPad photo gallery, from a text or an email. I can’t very well tell her to change her phone settings just to accommodate photos I want to upload to my Board. 

What I do now is I attach her photos to my Gmail and send them to myself. I then “save to Files” I then go to my Files folder, and save the photo from there to my iPhone/iPad photo gallery. They will then upload correctly on my Board. A hassle…but sort of a workaround. 

For what its worth…