PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'IPS\Dispatcher' not found in

I had two IPB sites on a shared account host primary domain was running latest IPB with php 8.2.  Second account older IPB which runs under 7.3 php both working fine.  I had the host remove the one domain and make the older domain running php 7.3 the primary.  Once that was completed the site was trying to load from the original domain that was in the public_html folder.  So I copied all the files and subdirectories under the public_html folder edited the conf_global.php to reflect the changes and site still does not load but the error log shows below.

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'IPS\Dispatcher' not found in /home3/www/public_html/init.php:1018 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error)) #1 {main} thrown in /home3/www/public_html/init.php on line 1018

Invision Community 4.7 will not run on anything less than PHP 8.0 or anything higher than PHP 8.1.  I would first ensure that PHP is set to either 8.0 or 8.1 and you have all required extensions/modules:

Posted (edited)

Running 4.73 and it indeed does run on php 7.4.  I recopied the files and it all came back up and is running fine thanks

Edited by mtalks

I would recommend upgrading your IPB version and PHP version. PHP7 is end of life and does not get support from its authors anymore.  There are also security updates that are known in the older versions.  If one of those are exploited on your site, there will not be much anyone can do to help you. 

If you absolutely simply cannot upgrade, I would HIGHLY recommend you have really good backups and that you actually test that you can recover from a backup. 

8 hours ago, mtalks said:

Running 4.73 and it indeed does run on php 7.4.  I recopied the files and it all came back up and is running fine thanks

For clarification here. 4.7.3 will break on PHP 7.4. If you have it running at present, this is actually very lucky, but there will be things on your site which are broken. Some of the code simply isnt compatible with anything less than php 8

On 3/7/2024 at 10:29 PM, Randy Calvert said:

I would recommend upgrading your IPB version and PHP version. PHP7 is end of life and does not get support from its authors anymore.  There are also security updates that are known in the older versions.  If one of those are exploited on your site, there will not be much anyone can do to help you. 

If you absolutely simply cannot upgrade, I would HIGHLY recommend you have really good backups and that you actually test that you can recover from a backup. 

Thanks everyone.  The problem is the arcade that is part of the site needs zend encoder and on shared hosting they will not upgrade the zend to the version to go with 8.x php as it is a shared machine or so they tell me.  So when we quit working we will change platform to SMF as it has its own arcade and built in support for current php versions.  I keep backups of the complete site however, will not be of much use as we will have to go to our backup plan.  I have been a user of multiple IPB licenses since the first FREE version of IPB.  I will surely miss using it. The site does not make money and the owner I maintain the site for cannot afford VPS and even if they could do not have teh technical knowledge to maintain it. Would be awesone if they would enable zend version that supported php 8.x then we would surely upgrade to current versions of eveyrthing.