Database Record Size limit?

Is there a Database Record Size limit?  I am creating an article on our site that is longer than most that we have done in the past, but it is getting truncated every time I save in a specific spot.  Is this intentional or a bug?

Thank you,

Steve K.

The content field for custom databases in Pages is a MEDIUMTEXT column, so it can hold ~16,7 million characters. The character count includes also the HTML tags you can't see while using the editor: bold format, italic, font size, colors, etc.

I believe older versions used TEXT until a certain point, though. If that is your case, a TEXT column can hold only 65k characters.

13 hours ago, teraßyte said:

The content field for custom databases in Pages is a MEDIUMTEXT column, so it can hold ~16,7 million characters. The character count includes also the HTML tags you can't see while using the editor: bold format, italic, font size, colors, etc.

I believe older versions used TEXT until a certain point, though. If that is your case, a TEXT column can hold only 65k characters.

how does one find out what it is set to on their DB? I am on the cloud service with Invision.

Thank you,

Steve 

So the article body there is just over 67k characters. The article is quite large but nothing which the dataset can't handle so far.

What is the total size of the article which you are attempting to add? How many more images are you attempting to add? 

You may hit some restriction on our firewall prior to hitting the size allotment for the database.