Forum topics disappeared

Check the database table again...  did that table get removed again?  If so, it sounds like a problem with your hosting provider.  I'm assuming you have not installed any 3rd party resources recently.  If so, have you confirmed they're removed as the source of the problem by removing them?

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:

ALTER TABLE `ipb_core_clubs` DROP INDEX `location_lat`, ADD KEY `location_lat` (`location_lat`,`location_long`), ADD KEY `type` (`type`), ADD KEY `name` (`name`(191)), ADD KEY `content` (`content`), ADD KEY `last_activity` (`last_activity`);
CREATE TABLE `ipb_forums_forums_new` LIKE `ipb_forums_forums`;
ALTER TABLE `ipb_forums_forums_new` ADD COLUMN `id` SMALLINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT , ADD COLUMN `topics` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 , ADD COLUMN `password` VARCHAR (32) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL , ADD COLUMN `password_override` VARCHAR (255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL , ADD COLUMN `last_title` VARCHAR (255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL , ADD COLUMN `qa_rate_questions` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL , ADD COLUMN `solved_stats_from_cutoff` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 , ADD PRIMARY KEY (`id`), ADD KEY `forum_password` (`password`), DROP INDEX `widget_performance`, ADD KEY `widget_performance` (`min_posts_view`,`password`(20),`password_override`(160),`can_view_others`);
INSERT IGNORE INTO `ipb_forums_forums_new` SELECT * FROM `ipb_forums_forums`;
DROP TABLE `ipb_forums_forums`;
RENAME TABLE `ipb_forums_forums_new` TO `ipb_forums_forums`;
ALTER TABLE `ipb_gallery_images` ADD KEY `image_file_size` (`image_file_size`), ADD KEY `image_views` (`image_views`);
ALTER TABLE `ipb_cms_databases` ADD COLUMN `database_comments_perpage` TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 ;

or

There are some problems with your database. Normally it is safe to try to fix these problems automatically however if your community is large, you may want to run the necessary queries manually. If so, the queries to run are:
ALTER TABLE `ipb_core_clubs` DROP INDEX `location_lat`, ADD KEY `location_lat` (`location_lat`,`location_long`), ADD KEY `type` (`type`), ADD KEY `name` (`name`(191)), ADD KEY `content` (`content`), ADD KEY `last_activity` (`last_activity`);
ALTER TABLE `ipb_forums_forums_new` ADD COLUMN `id` SMALLINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT , ADD COLUMN `topics` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 , ADD COLUMN `password` VARCHAR (32) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL , ADD COLUMN `password_override` VARCHAR (255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL , ADD COLUMN `last_title` VARCHAR (255) CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL , ADD COLUMN `qa_rate_questions` TEXT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NULL , ADD COLUMN `solved_stats_from_cutoff` INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 , ADD PRIMARY KEY (`id`), ADD KEY `forum_password` (`password`), DROP INDEX `widget_performance`, ADD KEY `widget_performance` (`min_posts_view`,`password`(20),`password_override`(160),`can_view_others`);
ALTER TABLE `ipb_gallery_images` ADD KEY `image_file_size` (`image_file_size`), ADD KEY `image_views` (`image_views`);
ALTER TABLE `ipb_cms_databases` ADD COLUMN `database_comments_perpage` TINYINT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 ;

Edited by andavis

When I did that all the forums disappeared.

Marc checked and said:

8 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I would advise on checking your database to see what is in the forums_forums table. You dont appear to have any forums, when looking in your admin CP

1 minute ago, andavis said:

When I did that all the forums disappeared.

Marc checked and said:

Sorry, let me rephrase what I meant. After you did the restore, did you run that again and that is when the data disappeared again?

2 minutes ago, andavis said:

No after the restore I didn't run anything, just waiting to check that everything was allright.

But two hours ago the same problem appeared.

I would advise contacting your hosting provider then to see what is happening on the server. Ultimately, I would think that something is happening on the server to have this happen.

If they are unsure, you can also do another restore of your database and simplify your environment. Disable any third party applications/plugins, integrations, APIs, etc... Only have the core software touching your database.

2 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Which of these is the order of things happening?

Option 1:

1. You ran the support tool, and actioned its suggestions
  2. and then your forums disappeared

Option 2:

1. Your forums disappeared so...
  2. You then ran the support tool, and actioned its suggestions.

Earlier today I did the option 1, so I restored a backup and problem solved for 2-3 hours.

Now the same problem with the database and some other suggestion in the Get Support page come again and I am looking for a solution.

It is the 3rd time I am restoring the forum from a backup and after 2 hours the same problem.

I get a critical update error for database issues.

Can anybody from Invision Team check for a solution?

I would advise checking that with your hosting provider because something is happening when that executes. It is best for your hosting provider to review what is happening.

The hosting insist that there isn't any other problem in the server.

The database errors I can get from the Get Support page are:

ALTER TABLE `ipb_forums_forums_new` ADD COLUMN `id` SMALLINT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT , ADD COLUMN `topics` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 , ADD COLUMN `posts` INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0 , ADD

COLUMN `last_post` INT NULL , ADD PRIMARY KEY (`id`);

--

Are there any recomendations from you?

You would need to have them execute those commands on your database and see what happens. Explain to them that when the software does it, the database encounters problems.