BIMI (Brand Indicators for Message Identification) for IPS

beats23

Can IPS add BIMI (Brand Indicators for Message Identification) feature?

I like the looks of sending emails with my website logo showing in my mail app, like how Apple's emails are sent. This would help my site to appear more professional and trendy in the web-space. Can IPS add this feature? If not, can a third party add this feature?

Could contain: File, Electronics, Phone, Mobile Phone

This is not done within the IPB software.  This is done though DNS with things like SPF and DKIMM.

Unless you have a registered trademark on your logo (this is supposed to be changing) and are prepared to spend north of $1000 a year for the BIMI VMC certificate, this can’t be done.

https://support.google.com/a/answer/10911028?hl=en

Each email provider decides what certificate companies they will accept. Google only supports Entrust and DigiCert currently. 

Edited by Randy Calvert

@beats23 - you can install BIMI without getting the certificate, but not all mail clients will recognize it that way, gmail and outlook being two that won't. EMClient and other lesser known ones might. EMClient seems to.

You'll need to get your logo into a very specific SVG format and upload it to the root of your website and then install the DNS tag, so it's relatively low effort if you want to try.

17 minutes ago, CheersnGears said:

@beats23 - you can install BIMI without getting the certificate, but not all mail clients will recognize it that way, gmail and outlook being two that won't. EMClient and other lesser known ones might. EMClient seems to.

You'll need to get your logo into a very specific SVG format and upload it to the root of your website and then install the DNS tag, so it's relatively low effort if you want to try.

That wouldn't be worth it as most people have Gmail / Outlook. On the main post, we'd have to pay for it, but I believe if IPS supports a feature like this, it will bring more clients as it hasn't heard of forum software supporting this. This is something i'd love to use!!

Just now, mountaininteractive said:

That wouldn't be worth it as most people have Gmail / Outlook. On the main post, we'd have to pay for it, but I believe if IPS supports a feature like this, it will bring more clients as it hasn't heard of forum software supporting this. This is something i'd love to use!!

It's not an IPS thing at all.  They have zero control over your site logo being trademarked. It's a file upload to root and a DNS change.  What exactly would you have IPS do?

3 minutes ago, CheersnGears said:

It's not an IPS thing at all.  They have zero control over your site logo being trademarked. It's a file upload to root and a DNS change.  What exactly would you have IPS do?

Correction, to add to the post, I believe he means having IPS's email verified so we can put our own name on the email. I am a little confused as I'm trying to understand the post.

12 hours ago, mountaininteractive said:

Correction, to add to the post, I believe he means having IPS's email verified so we can put our own name on the email. I am a little confused as I'm trying to understand the post.

In no way can IPS do anything with this. In a self hosted setup, all of the work is done at DNS and having a logo file hosted. 

In IPS cloud, email does not come from the domain itself.  Otherwise it would require cloud also taking over email hosting AND having AWS approve each domain to send email. (There are other threads that talk about that.)

Basically if you want this, you can do it on your own outside of IPB. It’s not something that can be setup at all through the software. Just realize if you do peruse it … that setup will not work with most major mail providers without you spending over 1K per year and proving you have a registered trademark for your logo.