Locked Task: queue issue

Go to solution Solved by beats23,

I'm afraid, there are still more applications/plugins involved. You will want to update these:

Could contain: Book, Publication, Page, Text, Menu

Due to the significant number of items which you have installed on the installation, it is hard for us to troubleshoot the issue here. You would need to ensure everything is up to date. If you do not use it, uninstall it.

The issue is not with any of the third party items I have installed. The issue is due to the page's app database. Do you expect me to delete all my third party items, many of which I will never get to install again since you close the marketplace? 

The issue started when I clicked Rebuild synchronized topic content. Rebuild Comment Counts something about null comments or null posts. 

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Could contain: Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen, Page, Text

Edited by beats23

This is the error for the task. 

Error: Attempt to assign property "post" on null (0)
#0 /home/customer/www/My-Site.com/public_html/applications/cms/extensions/core/Queue/ResyncTopicContent.php(112): IPS\cms\_Records->syncTopic()
#1 /home/customer/www/My-Site.com/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(47): IPS\cms\extensions\core\Queue\_ResyncTopicContent->run(Array, 0)
#2 /home/customer/www/My-Site.com/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(43): IPS\_Task::runQueue()
#3 /home/customer/www/My-Site.com/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(375): IPS\core\tasks\_queue->IPS\core\tasks\{closure}()
#4 /home/customer/www/My-Site.com/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(55): IPS\_Task->runUntilTimeout(Object(Closure))
#5 /home/customer/www/My-Site.com/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(274): IPS\core\tasks\_queue->execute()
#6 /home/customer/www/My-Site.com/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(751): IPS\_Task->run()
#7 /home/customer/www/My-Site.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->runTask()
#8 /home/customer/www/My-Site.com/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(38): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/customer/www/My-Site.com/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->execute()
#10 /home/customer/www/My-Site.com/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()

That is exactly the error which is bringing in related third-party applications/plugins. We would need these upgraded prior to being able to move forward.

Please note that this week we are on holiday break as mentioned in the announcement at the top of the community so support responses will be delayed. 

I had this same issue before. You was able to fix it without me uninstalling any of my plugins and apps, check my pass support records. As I said, I cannot delete all my apps and plugins as I will not be able to re install them all due to the marketplace gone.

Can you confirm. Are you saying I will not receive any support from you until I delete all my third party apps and plugins from my website?

4 minutes ago, beats23 said:

As I said, I cannot delete all my apps and plugins as I will not be able to re install them all due to the marketplace gone.

We are not asking you to uninstall but ensure all are updated to be compatible with the latest release. You should only uninstall if they are not compatible with the latest release or you do not use them.

Yes, all my apps and plugins installed on my system were updated to the latest version before the marketplace was gone.

I had this same issue before in 2022. You said via ticket reply it was a bug and was fixed. The issue was still there, and you said it was due to an empty comment in the database. You deleted the empty comment, and the issue was gone. This issue is now back, so I ask you to forward my issue so someone can check to see if it's the same where the comment is blank.

See the attached photos as proof of emails from the ticket in 2022, in which you solved the issue without me having to delete any of my third-party resources.

My third-party recourse has nothing to do with this issue I'm now having.

I find it very frustrating to get support in this public forum for my website. Anytime I have an issue your support always point the blame on third-party resources when it is not.

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Monitor, Screen, Webpage

Could contain: Page, Text, File

14 minutes ago, beats23 said:

Yes, all my apps and plugins installed on my system were updated to the latest version before the marketplace was gone.

I'm afraid, this is not so. There are numerous upgrades available for applications and plugins in your ACP. You would need to track the authors of these applications/plugins down or uninstall them if you no longer wish to upgrade them.

Unfortunately, we would need this done prior to investigating further. The issue at hand was resolved so would not be an issue so we are going through proper troubleshooting steps here.

• 2 weeks later...

Over a week has passed, and I have not received any support for this issue. Imagine if my issue was my website was offline. I would be without a site for over a week without IPS support. Is this how everyone gets treated when they require IPS support?

Over a week has passed, and I have not received any support for this issue. Imagine if my issue was my website was offline. I would be without a site for over a week without IPS support. Is this how everyone gets treated when they require IPS support?

I'm sorry you feel we are not responding but we are actually awaiting information from you to proceed. Please check your email inbox for the address we have on file.

This is the one email I received on the 27th.

The information for my website is up to date and was not changed by me. Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

I'm afraid, it is not correct, which is why we sent this. Please respond with any further questions or concerns in the ticket.

I had exact same issue in my board and it end up I had to reinstall board 1 month ago .
Happened when I maked a new database and for some reason a forum post was enable by default and when I make first post in pages it also makes one in forum , if I remember correctly I also deleted forum post and also opened database to deactivate forum post this issues start happened . real weird 

Edited by Chris59