Topic Viewing Privacy setting

WebCMS

Currently, topic detail page shows "<User> is also here" and apparently, there is no way to turn this feedback off.

It would be great if users can turn their name display off "by specific forums". For instance, if s/he is viewing topics posted in a particular/sensitie forum, they should be able to hide himself/herself from being displayed to others that s/he is viewing topics in that forum.

In addition, this setting may also be implemented for all forums so users don't have to select each forum individually to suppress display of their name in.

Edited by WebCMS

• WebCMS changed the title to Topic Viewing Privacy setting

Online Status will hide the user's status completely site-wide. I meant to say status per forum.

Some sub/forums may be sensitive that users may not want others to know they are browsing it.

If a user wants to browse a sub/forum without showing his/her visibility inside that sub/forum, s/he should be able to do it by choosing to hide his/her status in that sub/forum.

Its very very unlikely that we would ever implement anything like this, to be honest. A user either wants to be hidden or not. Doing it by forum would simply make the system a little pointless, as you would never have a clear indication of anything. If it were me, I would be saying to the user if you want to hide yourself, then hide yourself.