My front page content is gone

Go to solution Solved by Joel R,

Database is there under Pages / Page Management 

I see the block manager but someone else set it up for me so I am afraid to poke around and make the  problem worse. 

block manager shows the database as the only live block. 

this seems bad

Could contain: File, Webpage, Person

I just moved from self hosted to cloud. Could the page still be connected to my old self hosted database?

7 minutes ago, John Horton said:

Database is there under Pages / Page Management 

Not quite.  What I was asking for is if to confirm if you see the databases appear in the ACP > Pages > Content > Databases.  You should see a list of your database(s) and a count of the number of articles (or records in each database).  

This is what the ACP looks like in my community Invisioneer.org:

Could contain: Page, Text, File

10 minutes ago, John Horton said:

this seems bad

Could contain: File, Webpage, Person

I just moved from self hosted to cloud. Could the page still be connected to my old self hosted database?

This makes it look like there is no database to populate the page.  

No, the page does not connect to your self-hosted installation.  It's all dynamic and wholly self-contained, whether you are cloud or self-hosted.  

1. You should panic.  Your screenshot makes it look like there are no databases to add to the page
  2. Don't panic if you have backups of your site. 

Did this problem occur when you switched from self hosted to cloud?  

• Solution

Ah okay, this makes sense.  

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but you are on a cloud plan that does not allow Databases.  See comparison of the cloud plans:

Could contain: Page, Text

I'm sure if you contact Sales, they will be more than happy to charge you an additional $720 / yr to give you access to "Page Builder Full Access" (aka Databases).  

Edited by Joel R

6 hours ago, John Horton said:

faeces! Seems like they would tell me that when they did the import for me. That is crap. 

Super Mad. Not about the money but the lack of customer service. 

Very sorry to hear you feel that way, however of course you purchased from that very page. Its not possible for us to advise you what features you wish to use on the platform. Only you would know this.

@Miss_B as a non-programmer I did not understand that the plan I purchased would not provide the same functionality as what I had with self-hosted. When IPS did the conversion they imported my database content and it worked as I as it did self hosted for a month and then it stopped.

A little pre-sales communication would have prevented the misunderstanding.  I get it now and am fine with it but last night I was pulling my hair out because I had no idea what was wrong. 

14 hours ago, John Horton said:

as a non-programmer I did not understand that the plan I purchased would not provide the same functionality as what I had with self-hosted.

With all due respect, you don't need to be a programmer for that. 

A little pre-sales communication would have prevented the misunderstanding. 

Couldn't agree more. Did you ask a presale question before you purchased your cloud plan and didn't get an answer?

last night I was pulling my hair out because I had no idea what was wrong. 

That's perfectly understandable. 

• Jim M locked this topic