Help for migration since 3.1.4

Hi everyone,

I've come to ask for your help because I've just taken over the management of our forum, and I'd like to migrate the forum from version 3.1.4 (yes I know it's been a while since there's been a major release) to a more recent version, but running on a version of php 7 not php 8. Looking around, I think I need to stop my migration to a version of ipb lower than 4.7 (if I'm not mistaken, this corresponds to the version using php 8).
Is there a way to find a file with migration only up to this version? I only have the latest version of ipb from my client area.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

IPS always provides only the latest version for download. Unless you have the older version already downloaded on your computer (which doesn't seem to be the case since you just took over the forum), the only version available right now is 4.7.14 which requires PHP 8.

Is your problem that the server doesn't have PHP 8 available yet? Or just that you're unsure of how to upgrade the forum to the latest version and change the PHP version at the same time?

If it's the former, I would change hosting since PHP 8 has been available for a long while now. If it's the latter, there are ways to upgrade.