Post Editor Keeps Changing URL 'Rel' Attributes

I've been working with a pretty frustrating issue with my Invision Community's post editor. I'm working on a piece of content that includes affiliate/commerce links and so I want to make sure that I assign the "rel='sponsored'" attribute to the links via HTML.

I tried creating a custom post editor button that inserted this HTML attribute to an A HREF tag, and it sort of worked... until I saved the post (it is not public as it is not finished, if that context helps). It seems that when the content is saved, viewed and edited again, the attribute is changed to "rel='external nofollow'" instead of "rel='sponsored'" as it should be. I even used the Source button in the post editor to re-edit those link attributes back to 'sponsored', but upon saving it reverts back to 'external nofollow'.

It probably doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but the principle of the matter is that if I've decided to set a link attribute in a certain way, it should be saved and reflected in the post upon saving, not changing it to whatever it feels like. Would appreciate some insight as to whether this is by design (surely not?) or if this is some bug I've come across?

This isn’t a bug but rather the software working as intended. You would want to add the domain you’re linking as an accepted domain that you want followed in ACP > System > Posting.

If you would like to see this behave differently, please feel free to post in our Feedback forum. 

Thanks @Jim M - I suppose this would be a feature request then as my issue is not about whitelisting "nofollow" domains but rather ensuring I am able to set certain links with a "sponsored" attribute instead. This is recommended practice for site building as per Google guidelines;

Could contain: Page, Text, Number, Symbol

Edited by Dreadknux