Approval queue for general moderation w/o holding posts

Go to solution Solved by Miss_B,

It appears to me that the Approval Queue is for posts etc that are only made visible after approval.

However, one of our moderators said it should also be possible to use the Approval Queue for all posted and visible content on a forum, so moderators can sift through them all. In this case, approval only means they have been checked by a moderator.

How do I activate this feature? Any help appreciated.

• Solution
36 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

In this case, approval only means they have been checked by a moderator.

I am a little confused. That is precisely what the approval queue does. The moderated content will be visible to the general public only after someone has approved them.

Edited by Miss_B

1 hour ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

However, one of our moderators said it should also be possible to use the Approval Queue for all posted and visible content on a forum, so moderators can sift through them all. In this case, approval only means they have been checked by a moderator.

This is not correct. The Approval Queue functions that a moderator has to approve the post in order for it show up in general.

ok. Just to clarify, the person involved said a team of moderators could work their way through the list (of already visible posts) using the Approval queue, and the post was removed from the queue on approval. That way they only had unmoderated posts in the queue. He said as the posts were already visible, they could wait for days or more before moderation.

Ok, I thank you all @Miss_B, @Jim M and @Marc Stridgen for your input. Have a great day, guys.

You've basically all three solved my issue, so forgive me for granting the honor to the first reply (as I cannot select all).