self hosting Question

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Thanks for your answer.

This is disadvantageous for me. I don't need those things. The price is justified, for sure, but I don't need it and it would be better for me if I could choose what I buy and set the price. I actually just need the forum. Then I will have to convert the forum that I currently run with my license and use the existing license for the new forum.

8 minutes ago, jesuralem said:

Does this mean that existing self hosted clients get to have all apps when they renew the subscription?

At this time, existing licenses are able to upgrade their license to our new licensing terms and pricing if they wish. However, there are no requirements to upgrade your license and renewals will carry forth on existing licenses as they are. We will make an announcement with more information before a requirement to switch to the new license terms/pricing.

Was an announcement for the new licensing plan?

For my setup with only forums it is a 150% increase on a price that almost doubled not so long ago. 

I am not saying it is expensive given the software but this definitely one more step away from small community owners !

18 minutes ago, jesuralem said:

Was an announcement for the new licensing plan?

For my setup with only forums it is a 150% increase on a price that almost doubled not so long ago. 

I am not saying it is expensive given the software but this definitely one more step away from small community owners !

You may wish to read through this topic to find your answer: