Unable to Upload Attachments

Go to solution Solved by My Sharona,

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Could you let me know the size and type of file you are uploading, so I can test this end?

Thanks Marc. During my attempts this morning, the sizes ranged anywhere from 47kB to 120kB and are .webp files.

Well... just tried again and it seems to be working now(?).

Edit again: nope still not working...

15 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I have got a ticket in from someone else relating to webp, so I think it may well be just that file type. Are you able to confirm this?

Apparently so. I just tried uploading a .jpg file and it seems to have worked. 

I need the .webp to work though, file format in .jpg would be way too large for what I am doing. 

Conversely, if the fix is going to be something that is going to take hours, days or weeks, though a pain in the ass to convert, I can work with .mozjpeg files.

Edited by My Sharona

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

Its something we are looking at currently. While Im not able to give a specific timeframe, its something we're actively looking at, so would hope not too long

Okay, great. I will give it a few then. If I don't hear back within a period of time, I will begin to work the .mozjpeg route.

Thanks.

I am receiving reports from members that the ability to upload attachments is sporadic, regardless of file type.

I noticed yesterday that the software seems a bit sluggish as well. It is not very responsive the first time you interact with it, takes a few before it will respond to an interaction. Once you have opened a connection it seems fine but does experience slogs in the experience.

There was an issue yesterday on the network, which will have been causing that responsiveness issue. With regard uploading, we would need examples if there are other types. We are aware of the issues with webp, and it would only affect webp, so if there are issues with other types, it would be a different issue

2 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

There was an issue yesterday on the network, which will have been causing that responsiveness issue.

Was that ironed out? I haven't worked with the software enough today to be able to tell.

3 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

With regard uploading, we would need examples if there are other types. We are aware of the issues with webp, and it would only affect webp, so if there are issues with other types, it would be a different issue

My apologies. It may be a browser issue. With regard to uploads, FF seems to be okay, whereas Chrome, not so much. The last few updates to Chrome have not been good...

Thanks, Marc.

thumb.gif.acd1d5c4166bfe29b00c21e0d2ffc378.gif

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 7:08 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Its something we are looking at currently. While Im not able to give a specific timeframe, its something we're actively looking at, so would hope not too long

On 10/2/2023 at 2:06 PM, Jim M said:

It is not. More information will be provided when it is.

I notice that this issue remains. Has there been any progress on resolving it?

On 10/17/2023 at 2:48 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Im not sure where there would be progress on this one, as the last message from us was asking for examples of those items where they are happening in chrome. However if you are referring to webp, that is indeed still an issue at present

Thanks Marc. Indeed I meant the .webp condition. That is the portion of the conversation where those quotes came from. 

Any idea when this will be fixed? It is creating an enormous workaround for me. One I could live without to be honest.

As for the uploading issue, I have received no further reports at this point so do not consider it to be an issue.

• 1 month later...