We had an issue with our server this morning that resulted in our mariadb service to go down. The issue has been fixed, and the database service is back online. Doing a System Check through the Admin section of the forums comes up all green.

Our forums are displaying old topics & old posts just fine, however any new topic or post that is created is being met with an error.

Clicking on a new topic shows: Error code: 2F173/L - "Sorry, there is a problem There are no posts to show"

I looked at our database via phpMyAdmin and the ibf_forums_posts table doesn't show that it's crashed, so I'm not sure what the issue or fix is.

Mike 

2 minutes ago, Jim M said:

How was the crashed resolved? Was the database restored or partially restored? It sounds like you are missing the given posts here in your database so the software is unable to display them.

The database was restored in full (to my understanding). I would agree that any new posts being made are not getting created for some reason. The topic is listed in the correct forum, but clicking on the topic brings up the Error code: 2F173/L

4 minutes ago, fftoday said:

The database was restored in full (to my understanding). I would agree that any new posts being made are not getting created for some reason. The topic is listed in the correct forum, but clicking on the topic brings up the Error code: 2F173/L

You would need to contact your hosting provider to inspect the restore that was done. I'm afraid, this is not a software issue but rather a database issue. If a partial restore was done, this is what is causing your issues and would need to be a full restore.

7 minutes ago, fftoday said:

The database was restored in full (to my understanding).

It looks like a partial restore rather than a full one by looking at things. Do you have a recent backup of the database that you made yourself?

If you check the System Logs page, are there any detailed errors logged in there?

27 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

If you check the System Logs page, are there any detailed errors logged in there?

I'll confirm with host on the partial or full restore.

Yes, in the System Logs I see a variety of errors. There are numerous logs attempting to insert into our posts table that seem relevant:

Type: uncaught_exception -  (INSERT INTO `ibf_forums_posts` ) ... 

It looks like most of them contain this line: IPS\Db\Exception: Duplicate entry '0' for key 'post_key' (1062)

23 minutes ago, fftoday said:

Type: uncaught_exception -  (INSERT INTO `ibf_forums_posts` ) ... 

It looks like most of them contain this line: IPS\Db\Exception: Duplicate entry '0' for key 'post_key' (1062)

Can you please post the full error message? Not all of them, but the most 2-3 recent ones.

19 hours ago, Miss_B said:

Can you please post the full error message? Not all of them, but the most 2-3 recent ones.

Here's the latest IPS\Db\Exception::1062 - 

INSERT INTO `ibf_forums_posts` ( `topic_id`, `post_date`, `author_id`, `author_name`, `post`, `ip_address`, `new_topic`, `queued` ) VALUES ( 516809, 1695401332, 618, 'DonS', '
<blockquote class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote="" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="7355112" data-ipsquote-contentid="516809" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1695366808" data-ipsquote-userid="204747" data-ipsquote-username="Rabbit Range">
	<div class="ipsQuote_citation">
		9 hours ago, Rabbit Range said:
	</div>
	<div class="ipsQuote_contents">
		<p>
			Update
		</p>
	</div>
</blockquote>
<p>
	The state should save taxpayers money and just give a fellow inmate a carton of smokes. 
</p>
', 0, ?, ? )
Duplicate entry '0' for key 'post_key'

I've attached an OutOfRangeException: (0) error also.

forums-error-1.gif

Attached structure of ibf_forums_posts. The primary key pid is set to "AUTO_INCREMENT".

Pretty sure it's all posts. I should note, that I've turned the forum off for now until this gets resolved so no new posts are incoming unless it's from me (Admin). The initial test post I made (no attachments) after the forums came back online threw an error.

forums-error-2.gif

Unfortunately, when logging in on your community, I am unable to reproduce this error. I would advise clearing your browser's cache as the post_key is a combination of elements which get contributed from the editor process. 

You also will want to upgrade ASAP as you are on an outdated release with security issues. 

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Unfortunately, when logging in on your community, I am unable to reproduce this error. I would advise clearing your browser's cache as the post_key is a combination of elements which get contributed from the editor process. 

You also will want to upgrade ASAP as you are on an outdated release with security issues. 

Just to clarify, you were able to make a test post (under Admin account) without any errors?