MyBB path

Installation went pretty smoothly but the conversion from the old to the new board has issues with the image paths. 

Could contain: Text

I've given the full path to, the MyBB install, the image folder, avatars folder, what ever folder I could think of. 
I've searched the forums here and only found questions about how to solve this whiteout answers. 

The explanation underneath the fields:

Would say that's pretty spot on. (also without the slash)

Did anyone find the solution for this? 

Thanks! 

20 minutes ago, Leon de Graaff said:

Installation went pretty smoothly but the conversion from the old to the new board has issues with the image paths. 

I've given the full path to, the MyBB install, the image folder, avatars folder, what ever folder I could think of. 

In this screenshot it asks for the path to the MyBB forum, whereas you have entered the one to the avatars.

I haven't used MyBB for quite a while, but I do seem to remember vaguely that the paths were defined at the MyBB settings page. You can copy it from there.

3 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

In this screenshot it asks for the path to the MyBB forum, whereas you have entered the one to the avatars.

I haven't used MyBB for quite a while, but I do seem to remember vaguely that the paths were defined at the MyBB settings page. You can copy it from there.

There are a few fields within mybb that ask for paths, but those pretty much show the same routes or at least the relative paths. Those don't work for me. 

Could contain: Page, Text

Permissions should be correct I think, they are 775 for the folders on the files they are 664. Owner is www-data so that should be correct as well. We don't have any issues in daily use for our current forum with that at least. 

In the db everything points to the relative location, so the ./  

Could it be the tool isn't happy with linked folders? We have our "software" files on a different location for our current forum. It's placed in a user share. But if I use that path /usr/share/nginx/groups/501st/DutchGarrison/dg_forum it doesn't do anything either. 

I would love to see what the output is from the location fields so I could troubleshoot this. Maybe it's doing something like /var/www/dg_forum/./uploads which of course won't work.

If you don't know for sure the absolute path to your MyBB forum, you can try the following. Create a php file and call it paths. The file format should be: paths.php. Open it and add the following code:

<?php

//Get the absuolute path
$path = getcwd();
echo "This Is Your Absolute Path: ";
echo $path;

Save the changes and upload it inside your MyBB folder in your server space and call it from the browser by going to the following url: yourforumurl.com/paths.php

Replace yourforumurl.com with the actual url of your MyBB forum and it will show you its absolute path. Hope it helps.

Edited by Miss_B

38 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

If you don't know for sure the absolute path to your MyBB forum, you can try the following. Create a php file and call it paths. The file format should be: paths.php. Open it and add the following code:

<?php

//Get the absuolute path
$path = getcwd();
echo "This Is Your Absolute Path: ";
echo $path;

Save the changes and upload it inside your MyBB folder in your server space and call it from the browser by going to the following url: yourforumurl.com/paths.php

Replace yourforumurl.com with the actual url of your MyBB forum and it will show you its absolute path. Hope it helps.

Already know my absolute path, but thanks! 

2 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

This is something you need to contact your hosting company on. If you are getting that message then the path is either incorrect or cannot be access by the software unfortunately

Fun fact, I am my hosting company haha. We host our own servers.

I can access all files in any way I want, but the migration tool can't. So this is a tool issue. 

Edited by Leon de Graaff

35 minutes ago, Leon de Graaff said:

I can access all files in any way I want, but the migration tool can't. So this is a tool issue. 

Personally I don't think that this is a convertion tool issue. I have done several migrations to Ipb and I have never had any issues. It might be that the path is not entered correctly, hence why it's not being recognised by the conversion. 

41 minutes ago, Leon de Graaff said:

Already know my absolute path, but thanks! 

No problem. You can give it a go though, and enter the path being output by the file and see if it will help. It's no harm in trying imo.

Yes, using the tool for MyBB 1.8 and current board version is MyBB 1.8.30.

Could contain: Text, Page, Electronics, Screen, Computer Hardware, Hardware, Monitor

If I knew what the fields would output, that would help a lot. There is a check or at least I guess it looks for files and can't find anything. Is there a pre check or does it instantly start downloading but can't and gives an error? 

EDIT: I did check beforehand with the compatibility checker which was 100% OK. But could it be a file size issue that throws this error?  

6 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

Personally I don't think that this is a convertion tool issue. I have done several migrations to Ipb and I have never had any issues. It might be that the path is not entered correctly, hence why it's not being recognised by the conversion. 

No problem. You can give it a go though, and enter the path being output by the file and see if it will help. It's no harm in trying imo.

Yes, I tried, didn't solve the issue. But thanks again! 

Edited by Leon de Graaff

6 hours ago, Leon de Graaff said:

EDIT: I did check beforehand with the compatibility checker which was 100% OK. But could it be a file size issue that throws this error?  

The compatibility checker would not check to see that it could access your MyBB installation. That is what is happening now in the conversion and it is stating that it cannot do so via the given path provided or the path provided is incorrect. If you are unsure how to ensure that permissions, ownership, and paths are correct, you may wish to contact a server administrator for assistance or simply, a second look (as we've all had those moments 🙂 ).

This may be obvious but some aren't quite aware so I will say it just in case. Keep in mind that your Invision Community instance and MyBB instance need to be on the same server to do this conversion.

5 minutes ago, Jim M said:

The compatibility checker would not check to see that it could access your MyBB installation. That is what is happening now in the conversion and it is stating that it cannot do so via the given path provided or the path provided is incorrect. If you are unsure how to ensure that permissions, ownership, and paths are correct, you may wish to contact a server administrator for assistance or simply, a second look (as we've all had those moments 🙂 ).

This may be obvious but some aren't quite aware so I will say it just in case. Keep in mind that your Invision Community instance and MyBB instance need to be on the same server to do this conversion.

Well that last bit... that's it hahaha It's working now, we moved the files over from the old server to the new one and it's going. I was about the post a reply we found the issue.