Navigation menu doesn't work on iPad landscape mode (requires 2 taps)

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

The navigation menu does not work as expected on an iPad in landscape mode. Top level items require two taps instead of one, whether or not they have sub-items present. 

When there are sub-items, the first tab displays the sub-items below the top level items but does not take you to the corresponding page if the top item is a link. 

This can be reproduced on all Invision Community websites that are using a stock invision template and no 3rd party plug-ins or applications. For example I was able to reproduce it with https://www.ic-essentials.com/

Edited by David N.

Just now, opentype said:

There is no hover function on these devices, so you have to click. I wouldn’t expect it any other way. 

Then maybe I wasn't clear. Here's an example: 

Could contain: Text

You see how "Unanswered Topics" does not have a submenu. Neither does Downloads. On the PC, you click once on "Downloads" and you get to that page, as expected. On the iPad in landscape mode, you tap "Downloads" once and all you get is that little white arrow pointer point to Downloads, yet you're still seeing the Unanswered Topics. 

That's not the expected behavior from the user. 

The expected behavior is that you tap "Downloads" once and you load that page (and, if Downloads had a submenu, it would display that submenu at the same time).