Copy-Pasting Content: Stop Inserting Additional Paragraphs

Dreadknux

Something I'd like to suggest for v5 or sooner, just a weird bit of behaviour I've experienced when copy-pasting content from one source into IPS' post editor.

Whenever I do this, IPS adds an extra "<p>" code before and after the pasted content. The extra spacing is never visible in the post editor when initially pasting the content in, but once a post is actually published the extra paragraphs are added and visible.

If a user also has access to the "Source" button on a post editor, clicking this after pasting content also reveals the added P tags, which are then displayed once the "Source" button is clicked a second time to return to rich text.

I'm not sure why this behaviour exists, as it doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than to be very annoying 🙂 It just results in a lot of empty paragraphs from users who like to copy-paste content (such as quotes) and comment on them on my community.

Fake Edit: I just tried copy-pasting content into this website on a recent post I made and not experiencing this issue... maybe it's an issue with my particular community, but it'd be good to hear from other community admins to see if this behaviour also exists on their sites too. Perhaps it's something IPS just fixed exclusively on their site 😄

So it turns out this was down to a plugin I downloaded from the Marketplace... I deactivated it and the issue no longer occurs.

This plugin was created to actually REMOVE empty paragraphs from posts and content... so I'm a little bit shocked at the sheer irony of that!! Still can't believe it.

Thanks for listening to another one of my feedback topics anyway - but this is a non-issue now!

I don't really want to put a bad review up and 'downvote' someone's hard work so maybe I'll just flag the author @A Zayed here and mention that this needs fixing in an update. Can't use it otherwise, the issue is just too crazy for me to deal with (been tearing my hair out for months lol)