Upgraded license to Classic, downloaded new package, uploaded files... New apps not showing in list.

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I upgraded my license to Classic.

Downloaded a new package from my client area.

Uploaded via FTP, overwriting duplicates.

Here is my /applications/ directory, with some of the new (for me) apps highlighted:

image.png.634e4b7501ea3eb37990cf067ef476a9.png

Here is my ACP > Applications page, with no option to install new apps:

Could contain: Electronics, Hardware, Page, Text, Computer Hardware

According to this guide, I should have new apps showing here.

I have:

• "Checked for Updates" on the Applications  page
  • Refreshed license key (it shows all apps with a check mark)
  • System Support > Clear System Cache

15 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

They should actually be below that list in another section showing you can install. If you are not seeing that, please ensure you access details on file are up to date so I can take a look for you.

Thanks, Marc.

There's nothing below it - that's as far as I can scroll.

I think my access details in the Client Area are correct.

• Solution

Yes, thats the one. 

The problem you have there, is that the location you have uploaded to (and that which you added in the client area) isnt where your software is installed. If you look at the path you have when you log into your sftp, you will see this is not the same location as when you look in the support area of your admin CP

Sorry, Marc, I am missing something that is likely very obvious.

I can only find one location on my server with Invision files on it via FTP

However, I do see, for example, ACP > Files > Storage Settings looks like a different path.

Somehow my knowledge must have regressed, and I'm lost here. The path showing in ACP > Files > Storage does not exist in my FTP program.

How is my site even functioning? Clearly I'm missing some basic stuff here... Apologies.

10 hours ago, haqzore said:

Sorry, Marc, I am missing something that is likely very obvious.

I can only find one location on my server with Invision files on it via FTP

However, I do see, for example, ACP > Files > Storage Settings looks like a different path.

Somehow my knowledge must have regressed, and I'm lost here. The path showing in ACP > Files > Storage does not exist in my FTP program.

How is my site even functioning? Clearly I'm missing some basic stuff here... Apologies.

I would suggest contacting your hosting provider for assistance. 

It is worth mentioning that the Storage Settings may show the full path on your server but via your FTP or hosting panel, you may only see a portion of that path (depending on your server configuration and permissions).

Well, to circle back on this incase anyone else makes the same blunder I did...

I totally forgot I'd upgraded my shared hosting account several months ago. I switched to a VPS and split my domains each to their own cPanel.

This resulted in each domain now having its own FTP login.

What I forgot to do after the domain split was to go back & remove the backup directories of the once consolidated sites. So I forgot I split the domains, logged into my original FTP, found my Invision directories & thought I was in the right place. As was already identified... I was not in the right place 🙂