Limit number of posts per time frame (and take moderation action)?

Hey!

I'm getting scam accounts that make upto 147 topics/posts in around 10 minutes which is quite ridicolous (they usually tend to make around 20~, 147 is the current record). I have used the "Flood control" setting to prevent so many posts in a certain timeframe, but, it would be wonderful if there was a setting to apply moderation if a certain number of posts are made within a given timeframe rather than this. Is there one? I can't seem to find it. 

I understand it may cause false positives, but whoever is creating 10 times in 1 minute probably needs a break/checkup too.

Edited by Dextro Energy

16 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

You can choose a number of new topics a user from specific groups can make in a timeframe with this:

I appreciate this! I'll go with it if there is no free alternative (it also doesn't seem to have auto moderator actions)?

Edited by Dextro Energy

While there isnt the feature you mention there, it would be worth looking at the tools we do have on this. One of which would be automatic moderation based on reporting. In our experience if someone comes on spamming your site, its very likely your users will start reporting that pretty quickly. You can use automatic moderation to react to the influx of reports on a given item, so it can take action when its needed.

Go to Members->Content Moderation->Automatic moderation within your ACP, and from there you can click to enable automatic moderation. Once enabled, click to create a new rule. 

What this does is automatically hides content based on a given reporting criteria. So I have on mine that a content item is hidden if

• The user registered less than 3 days ago
  • Is in the members group
  • Is reported a spam by 3 unique members

So my members for the most part would end up hiding the spam content. Once I am online and see these in the reports, I can then deal with those spammers accordingly by selecting "mark as spam", which in my case then removes the content entirely and bans the member. 

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

While there isnt the feature you mention there, it would be worth looking at the tools we do have on this. One of which would be automatic moderation based on reporting. In our experience if someone comes on spamming your site, its very likely your users will start reporting that pretty quickly. You can use automatic moderation to react to the influx of reports on a given item, so it can take action when its needed.

Go to Members->Content Moderation->Automatic moderation within your ACP, and from there you can click to enable automatic moderation. Once enabled, click to create a new rule. 

What this does is automatically hides content based on a given reporting criteria. So I have on mine that a content item is hidden if

• The user registered less than 3 days ago
  • Is in the members group
  • Is reported a spam by 3 unique members

So my members for the most part would end up hiding the spam content. Once I am online and see these in the reports, I can then deal with those spammers accordingly by selecting "mark as spam", which in my case then removes the content entirely and bans the member.

I already have something like this set up, but this "crowdsourced moderation" method is very ineffective for spam this bad:

Could contain: Text, Electronics, Mobile Phone, Phone

This day was around 20 accounts (cant fit all on same page/screenshot), averaging about 20 posts each. Since we've gotten accounts 5 a day, with a very high amount of posts each (one reached 147 before being banned).

Something automatic is highly desired! Very frustrating for sure.

Edited by Dextro Energy

12 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

It will disallow more than X new topics in the timeframe. Which moderator action do you need? You need moderator action to go through dozens of reports created by people reporting. 

Well, say a user tries to make 10 posts in a very short amount of time - I think it'd be good cause to hide all the posts and put any further posts into an approval queue (or just prevent them) all together until a staff member doots along and decides what to do next (ban them or undo whatever was automatically done if false positive)

12 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Just to add, we have more spam prevention tools on the way too 🙂 

I look forward to it!

Edited by Dextro Energy