503 Service Unavailable error

Hello,

I left everything working before I went to bed and today I come back to this?

Could contain: Page, Text, Chart, Plot

I have confirmed that it is the IPS software that is giving the error by installing another software on the main domain which works fine. Moving IPS to a subdomain throws the same error. Different browsers tried, clearing cookies tried.

Any help on this?

24 minutes ago, Sirmadsen said:

But how? When other software is working on the same domain? And the same error occurs when moving on to a subdomain, where again, other software also works.

They will be able to inform you about the issues happening on the server which are preventing the software from functioning properly.

1 hour ago, Sirmadsen said:

I have confirmed that it is the IPS software that is giving the error by installing another software on the main domain which works fine. Moving IPS to a subdomain throws the same error. Different browsers tried, clearing cookies tried.

Any help on this?

Please specify - Do you have access to ACP?
When moving to a subdomain, you've moved all folders and files - correct?
Have you tried removing contents of datastore folder - where cached content is stored?
Give some more info.

A 503 error can happen for many reasons.  For example, if your host upgraded PHP on the server but did not include a required module that is used by IPS, it could trigger that error.  It simply means when the request was made, the server is not able to handle the request.

https://blog.airbrake.io/blog/http-errors/503-service-unavailable

But this type of error is not a software level error....  as you can see from above its server based.  

5 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

A 503 error can happen for many reasons.

Autor said:
"I left everything working before I went to bed and today I come back to this? "

Looks like bad cache to me. Author has not given information about what he uses - 3rd party plugins, guest page cache, what kind of cache he uses at all, etc. different variations of resource usage... Which doesn't prevent a host company from making different changes - and as @Jim M mentions, it's easy to understand by asking a host.

1 hour ago, Adlago said:

Autor said:
"I left everything working before I went to bed and today I come back to this? "

Looks like bad cache to me. Author has not given information about what he uses - 3rd party plugins, guest page cache, what kind of cache he uses at all, etc. different variations of resource usage... Which doesn't prevent a host company from making different changes - and as @Jim M mentions, it's easy to understand by asking a host.

Well, my site have been working for years and all of a sudden over a night it happened.

But, I resolved it by changing my database from 8.1 to 8.0 which is isn't optimal but it's the only thing that gets it up and running. Changing back or even restoring a database resolves in the same issue. Only downgrading seem to work.

So possible a database issue. Still, other software runs fine on the same database version and configuration.

Thanks for the answers.

9 minutes ago, Sirmadsen said:

But, I resolved it by changing my database from 8.1 to 8.0 which is isn't optimal but it's the only thing that gets it up and running.

It's strange, but it depends on which version of IPS you are using... For a long time, using 8.1 PHP is supported by software. If you are using an outdated version - it is best to upgrade to the latest version IPS and include 8.1 PHP