Issue with PayPal/MaxMind after last 2-3 updates where you touched PayPal/MaxMind code, 4.7.10

Go to solution Solved by Stuart Silvester,

Hi IPS,

Since last 2-3 updates where you touched PayPal/MaxMind code, many customers is unable to pay using their usual PayPal accounts. In logs I find plenty of such:

IPS\nexus\Gateway\PayPal\Exception::400

{"name":"INSTRUMENT_DECLINED","message":"The instrument presented  was either declined by the processor or bank, or it can't be used for this payment.","information_link":"https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/orders/v1/#error-INSTRUMENT_DECLINED","debug_id":"82948bc189e09"}
Your payment was refused by the payment processor. Please try a different payment method, or contact us for further assistance.

Backtrace

#0 /srv/www/public_html/applications/nexus/interface/gateways/paypal.php(164): IPS\nexus\Gateway\_PayPal->api()
#1 {main}

And customers see that

image.png

Also, logs in the ACP show issue happened to Guest where I am sure, tested it with our client, issue happened to logged it member

Could contain: Page, Text, File, Computer, Electronics, Pc, Screen

How come so many PayPal accounts started being refused? Also, in past you printed better information to end-user instead what we see above. You printed actual reason for being unable to pay instead general one that raises questions to us as admins.

Hoping for some quick resolution.

Edited by PatrickRQ

• Solution

We were able to see some other logs and identified the issue. It's specifically related to a customer having their card/payment declined by PayPal then trying to execute the same transaction again.

We'll make some changes for a future release, but they still won't be able to purchase if their payment is being declined.

Can you restore in further update more meaningful output message to the payer? Previously it was like this and it was self-explanatory. Now we get many questions why they can't pay.

Please restore back to "The instrument presented  was either declined by the processor or bank, or it can't be used for this payment."

@Stuart Silvester I sent you message. I need urgent fix on the issue, more details in priv.

On 6/28/2023 at 12:34 PM, Stuart Silvester said:

A fix for this issue will be available soon after testing has been completed.

@Matt Can you release a hotfix 4.7.11.2? The 4.7.12 includes many breaking changes so I won't be able to update quickly. I get many doubled payments.. issue is critical, PLEASE

Edited by PatrickRQ