Split Topics

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hello,

I just tried to move posts from topic a to topic b in our forum. I had to enter the URL of the destination topic.

Then I got the error message a permissions. I am an administrator and have full moderation rights.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Check you have permission to create a topic in the location you are moving to. Whether you have moderation rights or not, if you dont have permission to create a topic, you wont be able to move to that location.

Thanks for the reply.

I don't want to create a new topic, but I want to move posts from topic A to topic B. Is that possible?

16 minutes ago, Vakarian96 said:

I don't want to create a new topic, but I want to move posts from topic A to topic B. Is that possible?

The permission for creating a new topic covers moving posts as well. Look from this perspective: moving some posts to an existing topic does create a "new topic" in the meaning that you add more data to the existing topic.

So as pointed out make sure to enable permissions for your group in the destination forum:

Could contain: Page, Text

Edited by Luuuk

Well I already doubted myself, I go like this and the computer says no. 😄

I had tried to move to a database linked topic.

Are there any plans for a fix? If not would be ne other error message Nice, that would save gray harre 🙂