Cannot uninstall outdated Pages application

Go to solution Solved by Adriano Faria,

We have a locked task (updaterecords) apparently due to an issue with the Pages application. We stopped using Pages quite some time ago, it shows as version 4.1.15 under the list of installed applications. Unfortunately, it shows as locked and will not let me uninstall it:

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Page, Text

Selecting Uninstall from the dropdown menu causes the admin panel to render a blank screen. Perhaps it's safe to leave the old version partially installed (I don't see a directory for pages under /applications) and this task locked, but I'd rather clear up the error if possible.

Has anyone else encountered this and know of a remedy?

On 5/3/2023 at 8:27 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

You would be best to upgrade it to the latest release, and then you can uninstall it once you have done this. Its likely the issue you are having is that its not compatible with PHP 8

Thanks, Marc. I also need to upgrade to the latest point release, and usually do so using the delta file the upgrade process creates. Is there a recommended way to upgrade using the complete package? Files I shouldn't overwrite, etc.?

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You should upload all files and overwrite any in the package, merging folders. Any files which shouldnt be overwritten, were created (therefore not in the download)

Unfortunately, the full package (obtained through the client area) did not include the Pages app. During the upgrade to the most recent release, it noted Pages would be disabled as it's not compatible.

Is there a way to just download the Pages app so I can upload the relevant files? Or some manual means of disabling it?

54 minutes ago, rllmukforum said:

Unfortunately, the full package (obtained through the client area) did not include the Pages app. During the upgrade to the most recent release, it noted Pages would be disabled as it's not compatible.

Is there a way to just download the Pages app so I can upload the relevant files? Or some manual means of disabling it?

Try this - log in via ftp
Open Applications folder
Delete the Pages folder. You can download this folder to your computer before deleting.
You will no longer see it in your admin panel.

2 minutes ago, Adlago said:

Try this - log in via ftp
Open Applications folder
Delete the Pages folder. You can download this folder to your computer before deleting.
You will no longer see it in your admin panel.

There is already no pages folder within /applications. Appreciate the suggestion, though.

2 minutes ago, Adlago said:

You can, in addition to what Adriano wrote, also remove all tables in a database that have a "cms_"  prefix.

I was about to give Adriano's suggestion a whirl when I saw your post and realized there is, in fact, a cms folder within /applications. I assume that's the actual folder name of the Pages application? If so, I'll delete that after backing it up.

9 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, the folder is cms.

That did it, removing the cms folder moved it from being listed as locked under Applications down to a new section where it was shown as needing to be upgraded. The X alongside that entry allowed me to remove it, and now there is no trace of the Pages app. Thanks!