This comment can no longer be edited

Having issues trying to edit a forum post while editing it with admin account (REFERENCE I've been trying to edit this post)

Could contain: Text, Business Card, Paper, Tape

I have checked the permissions and no restrictions on time for Administrators

Could contain: Page, Text, File

And current settings for the server are

Could contain: Page, Text

And I am running the default Invision (un-altered theme)

Could contain: File, Text, Page, Webpage

Not sure if there is anything else I can provide that would help identify why I (administrator) can not edit a post.  I should be able to edit anything on the site as the administrator.

Help is appreciated.

Edited by Cowboy Denny

9 minutes ago, Cowboy Denny said:

Not sure if there is anything else I can provide that would help identify why I (administrator) can not edit a post.

Go to Staff - Moderators - your admin group should exist here. It should also be unrestricted.

Would recommend trying what Adlago mentioned, if you're an unrestricted moderator, I would also check to see if you have mod_security enabled on your server as there is a 403 error in the console when saving the editor on that post which could be related here.

10 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Would recommend trying what Adlago mentioned, if you're an unrestricted moderator, I would also check to see if you have mod_security enabled on your server as there is a 403 error in the console when saving the editor on that post which could be related here.

Jim you are a genius..  I looked at modsecurity and changed from tradeoff to fast and that "seems" to have fixed the issue.  Attaching image for reference for anyone else who may run into this issue

Could contain: Page, Text, File

On 4/28/2023 at 4:20 PM, Adlago said:

However, you also look at this - you have too many 404 errors on this page

Could contain: File, Page, Text, Webpage

Yea thats an issue.  Any ideas why or what I should look at?  I tried to rebuild index and sitemap but I don't think thats the correct path.  How I'm reading the screenshot is it can not find any of the image files and not sure how to relink them.  Is the only way to remove image references in all posts or reupload??  that would be a major pain

46 minutes ago, Cowboy Denny said:

Yea thats an issue.  Any ideas why or what I should look at?  I tried to rebuild index and sitemap but I don't think thats the correct path.  How I'm reading the screenshot is it can not find any of the image files and not sure how to relink them.  Is the only way to remove image references in all posts or reupload??  that would be a major pain

It seems some action by you has restored it to work. Now on test everything looks good.

Have also been receiving this 403 message when attempting to change member id in profile data?  checked initial idea from Adlago and found one of my settings had changed for no apparent reason.  Fixed that, but still getting error message.  Would like to say i have a clue where to look for 'mod security' but i don't.

8 minutes ago, Ked said:

Would like to say i have a clue where to look for 'mod security' but i don't.

This is a server module so you will want to contact your hosting provider for assistance if you are unsure.