Zapier Topics Post

I tried out Zapeir a few weeks ago and gave up, it just wouldn't accept the provided credentials in the AdminCP. My free trial has since ended, but I wanted to see what was possible using their free service. In particular, I wanted simply to create an email, topic or PM message for when a member had a birthday or registration anniversary.

Hope you get it sorted.

On 4/1/2023 at 11:09 PM, Afrodude said:

@Daniel F what is the best option to do that because I have been trying to do it, and I didn't succeed yet. 

I tried by forum ID etc and other available options, and still posting from everywhere.

Could you share a picture of your zap and the configuration?

1 hour ago, The Old Man said:

I tried out Zapeir a few weeks ago and gave up, it just wouldn't accept the provided credentials in the AdminCP. My free trial has since ended, but I wanted to see what was possible using their free service. In particular, I wanted simply to create an email, topic or PM message for when a member had a birthday or registration anniversary.

Hope you get it sorted.

Could you clarify what you mean by the credentials in the ACP?
There's nothing to do in your ACP except to "enable it" and to copy the URL and REST API Key into Zapier. Is this the step that failed?

6 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Could you share a picture of your zap and the configuration?

Sure. I will do that today after work. 

6 hours ago, The Old Man said:

it just wouldn't accept the provided credentials in the AdminCP.

Are you using Nginx? 

17 hours ago, Afrodude said:

Are you using Nginx?

No, just Apache. Sorry to hijack your thread!

23 hours ago, Daniel F said:

There's nothing to do in your ACP except to "enable it" and to copy the URL and REST API Key into Zapier. Is this the step that failed?

In my defence, I've slept since then! Yes, that would be the stage. I tried a few times, but couldn't get any further to set anything up. I'll give it another go.

I'm wondering now if it might have been Cloudflare blocking the connection.

Edited by The Old Man

On 4/3/2023 at 2:29 PM, Daniel F said:

Hi @Daniel F

I had another go at this and the error I was getting before reoccurs connection failed with a 403 every time. Looking deeper it turned out to be Cloudflare’s WAF (free account) blocking it by issuing a Bot Fight mode managed challenge. 

Could contain: Page, Text, Paper, Business Card

Events Log:

Could contain: Text, Computer Hardware, Electronics, Hardware, Page

I set up a rule to allow the Zapier user-agent (not ideal) to skip which doesn’t seem to work although it it shows as working in the CF events log, but found I’ve had to switch off Bot Fight Mode in order to get it working.

It seems not, the rules include options to do it...

Could contain: File, Computer, Electronics, Pc, Text, Page

but according to the documentation, the new WAF's Bot Fight managed rules can no longer be overridden by rules, only by defining a WAF Exception. However, when you go to do it, it is restricted to Pro account holders.

I tried making use of the rule setup in the screenshot but the connections are blocked. If I disable bot fight mode, it works.

Edited by The Old Man